Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

Pics
Finished a candle after my incubator recalibrating all night fiasco.
20200125_190939.jpg
2 were pulled for quitting everything else we pulled were non starters. Whew what a relief! We saw movement or good veins in everything else.:wee

I think I got it to work finally. So if anyone could help me out. Egg 1 & 2 look viable and good. Eggs 3 through 7 are not fertile. Correct? Also if they are not fertile should I remove them from incubator? Tomorrow is day 8. I’m using a Brinsea Mini Advancd. Thank you!!!

If you’re almost to day 8 and don’t see veins, I would pull them. Don’t want them to spoil and ruin your fertile eggs by exploding. The photo attached is day 7 or 8. So should definitely have more going on.

AED73EAF-4CAD-4893-B393-7020DD3B52CF.jpeg

This one is better
EAB30247-F088-4690-92B9-F368C2DF18CA.jpeg

Last edited:
Isn't that fun?! How are yours coming along? I think the hatch dates are pretty soon of I remember correctly.

Day 14 on the first half of the incubator. Day 7 or 8 on the other half. Just candled everyone, pulled anyone who may have died, and so far still have 49 in the incubator. Alive and moving! The silkie bantams that were given to me as dog food, went from 10 to 4. One gifted RIR/bantam cross left and one from my RIR crosses in the coop. The rest are foxfire eggs.

What did you end up getting? If you got any deathlayers I will be soooo sad. Have purchased 4 potluck shipments and no deathlayers. Darn it.

I have my first broody hen of the year and I've taken it as a sign to turn my incubators back on! I will be picking up Silkie hatching eggs on Tuesday and I think I've decided to put them all in the incubator and leave my hen on fake eggs for the time being. I will give her a few viable eggs after a couple of weeks of incubation. I put my incubators up for a break since August so I can't wait to start seeing peeps again!!!

Back
Top Bottom