Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

Pics
I've had bad luck with free eggs I got. The other eggs from my farm and another farm are fine so assume it's their eggs since nothing else was affected!
It's always heartbreaking when they don't hatch like we want. In my case it's more a ME issue than anything else. I keep tinkering just a little... then wonder what the bleep happened! but not to worry WE will try again, and again and again if needed to hatch what we want...

It's always heartbreaking when they don't hatch like we want. In my case it's more a ME issue than anything else. I keep tinkering just a little... then wonder what the bleep happened! but not to worry WE will try again, and again and again if needed to hatch what we want...
Try try again that's all you can do 😁

So only my second time hatching. I’m on day 7 so I just candles. I’m almost positive I have 5 clear eggs and only two developing. Would a couple of you look at the video I made just to make sure I’m correct? I put them all back in the incubator in case but if they are in fact infertile should I take them out? I want to be sure as now I only have 2. Hopefully I can attach the video. Thanks

So only my second time hatching. I’m on day 7 so I just candles. I’m almost positive I have 5 clear eggs and only two developing. Would a couple of you look at the video I made just to make sure I’m correct? I put them all back in the incubator in case but if they are in fact infertile should I take them out? I want to be sure as now I only have 2. Hopefully I can attach the video. Thanks

Of course! What's the link?

EDIT: YouTube has a privacy option where you can only see the video of you have the link. I use that if I have a video I want to share with a few people but not the whole world.

Both incubators are fired up and looking steady on temp. It's the first time using the still air one for incubating. It's only been used it once for hatching. Total of 60 eggs between them (36 shipping, 24 local eggs that were refrigerated). Hoping for a 50% hatch rate.

I have most of the shipped eggs in the circulated air incubator. But the eggs looked so good on arrival I couldn't help experimenting a bit by putting some on their side in the still air one. Never done shipped eggs like that before but I was feeling lucky. Fingers crossed!

IMG_20200125_154337834.jpg

Broke down and candled tonight and a good thing too. It's only day three but I see growth in just about all my eggs. I had 4 that I thought looked questionable. But I also had one with a long vertical crack in it that I missed in the initial candling. Wonder of all wonders with the crack from one end of the egg to the other the baby is growing inside the egg. It always baffles me how resilient these little birds are. Well my husband and I dripped candle wax on the crack to seal it. Hopefully it works to keep this little baby healthy and growing. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the egg though to make sure it doesn't turn into a stink bomb. You can see the repaired egg in the front center.

Attachments

• IMG_20200125_205201461[1].jpg
    IMG_20200125_205201461[1].jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 3
Both incubators are fired up and looking steady on temp. It's the first time using the still air one for incubating. It's only been used it once for hatching. Total of 60 eggs between them (36 shipping, 24 local eggs that were refrigerated). Hoping for a 50% hatch rate.

I have most of the shipped eggs in the circulated air incubator. But the eggs looked so good on arrival I couldn't help experimenting a bit by putting some on their side in the still air one. Never done shipped eggs like that before but I was feeling lucky. Fingers crossed!

View attachment 2011071

It just hit me... our chickens will be related 🤗

Back
Top Bottom