Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

I was just now looking at that same exact fence. Im assuming you bought a few lengths of fence as your area looks pretty big. Hmmm...Going to take pictures now. But from the video I watched it shows it having tent spike to hold the fence down on uneven terrain like mine so maybe it will work.

I actually only had to buy two but I butt it up to the privacy fence and I didn't need to run it there, so yes it's a big area.

I fed medicated this time and I don't think it really does anything 😂 that's all the store had though for chick feed. I'm just feeding this one 25 lb bag then I'm switching them to the flock raiser.

It’s funny that this should be a topic right now because the last time I chose non-medicated I ended up with coccidiosis and losing a Hatch of Orpington’s. I went back to only using medicated and then after someone bought chips from me and lost one to wryneck, I went back to non-medicated which is what I’ve been feeding the chickens I just got from green fire… And guess what I have now? Coccidiosis.

I’m so upset and on the way to tractor supply so if there are typos just know that Siri doesn’t understand the southern girl

It’s funny that this should be a topic right now because the last time I chose non-medicated I ended up with coccidiosis and losing a Hatch of Orpington’s. I went back to only using medicated and then after someone bought chips from me and lost one to wryneck, I went back to non-medicated which is what I’ve been feeding the chickens I just got from green fire… And guess what I have now? Coccidiosis.

I’m so upset and on the way to tractor supply so if there are typos just know that Siri doesn’t understand the southern girl

Oh no!!! I'm so so sorry! I've always fed organic unmedicated but I've never had a problem with coccidiosis. I never bring in chicks from outside either though. It seems like once you have an issue with it, it's just better to play it safe and use medicated feed. I hope all of your chickies pull through!! I'm so sorry you're going through that!

I've never used medicated until this time when that's all the store had. I honestly don't know much about it. I'd rather feed all flock but it's too big of pieces and blending the food isn't something I want to do right now.

Here is my coops run and behind it where I want to put the fence. It’s rocky and full of trees. Don’t mind the mess back there. I gotta get back there when the weather is better. Pretty warm here for MA 39• that’s T shirt weather. But it’s rainy and foggy and muddy. Notice the plastic all around the base of my run. I guess you don’t need that in GA. Jealous 😊
F3B59292-990F-432F-A325-5594AA7E868E.jpeg

09AD221E-C431-4E5B-A30E-2D0815F8E084.jpeg

918B52C2-BD56-46F4-93A7-344941306FC6.jpeg

567A3A6A-3A6E-4BDD-937F-635AF3600394.jpeg

On the topic of electric poultry netting, one of my runs is the premier 1 perma-net and I’m pretty happy with it. I have 1 pullet who knows how to get out and im not sure how she’s doing it. But otherwise it’s been working well. She always just wants to go back in once she gets out, so she actually has stopped escaping. I haven’t had it very long so it hasn’t truly been put to the test.
499F75FA-861F-4CC5-B21A-C571D31F4165.jpeg

Attached pic is my run buried in snow today.

Here is my coops run and behind it where I want to put the fence. It’s rocky and full of trees. Don’t mind the mess back there. I gotta get back there when the weather is better. Pretty warm here for MA 39• that’s T shirt weather. But it’s rainy and foggy and muddy. Notice the plastic all around the base of my run. I guess you don’t need that in GA. Jealous 😊
View attachment 2024034
View attachment 2024035
View attachment 2024037
View attachment 2024039

Wow beautiful coop and woods. 😍😍😍

oh no!!! Im sorry that happened. Hatching chicks is a roller coaster of ups and downs isnt it?

On the topic of electric poultry netting, one of my runs is the premier 1 perma-net and I’m pretty happy with it. I have 1 pullet who knows how to get out and im not sure how she’s doing it. But otherwise it’s been working well. She always just wants to go back in once she gets out, so she actually has stopped escaping. I haven’t had it very long so it hasn’t truly been put to the test.View attachment 2024038

Attached pic is my run buried in snow today.
So is this the electrified one? Also what do you have on top some kind of poultry netting? I would think the snow would make that cave in

Back
Top Bottom