Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

Farm Innovator 4250... I looked up the turner and someone says that they use it for turkey eggs so that shouldn't be much different than a duck egg
I am not familiar with that one... I have a stand alone turner that is often used in the Styrofoam incubators, that I use in my cabinet one that has turned BIG duck eggs BIG turkey eggs and everything in between almost without rest for most of the last year and it seems to have the same amount of ooph now that it always did.

The fourth baby didn't make it I checked on her at around 6:20 and she had passed. Cleaned and disinfected the hatcher and put the next three eggs are in the hatcher for lockdown. Waiting to add water until they start to pip since the hatcher humidity is still at 40 even without water added.

1581636661493.png

I am not familiar with that one... I have a stand alone turner that is often used in the Styrofoam incubators, that I use in my cabinet one that has turned BIG duck eggs BIG turkey eggs and everything in between almost without rest for most of the last year and it seems to have the same amount of ooph now that it always did.
It's turning so that must mean it'll work. These eggs are just large not overly large. I really want to know what duck laid these mint green eggs! Maybe it's runners? Whatever it is I want 2 of them 😂

Okay guys was pulling the babies into the brooder and doing an eggtopsy on the 4 the egg since it hadn't moved or made noise. I was super surprised to see it was alive bit malpositioned. Do the veins look ready to you?

I can't see really well but the one vein I can see is still thick enough that I would pause before proceeding. It's soooo hard to time assists for malpositions if that's what you're looking at. :fl Hopefully it's just a late bloomer and will flip over in there and pip!

The fourth baby didn't make it I checked on her at around 6:20 and she had passed. Cleaned and disinfected the hatcher and put the next three eggs are in the hatcher for lockdown. Waiting to add water until they start to pip since the hatcher humidity is still at 40 even without water added.

View attachment 2025671

Aww, I'm sorry! I didn't read this before my last comment. :hugs

View attachment 2025671

Aww so sorry about your malposition baby, it's so tough to assist those little ones when their beaks are buried. :hugs

Good luck with your next three little ones, hopefully they all make it out without any trouble! :fl

Back
Top Bottom