Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

Day 20 and two pips on the shipped eggs! I find it interesting it's both of the Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs. The other eggs that looked really good at last candling were the Cream Legbars, Double Silver Laced Barnvelder, and Isbar.
IMG_20200213_175822729.jpg

I'm not sure if it was time for me to candle again but I couldn't help myself while everyone has chicks hatching, lol! All 20 eggs are still developing and I'm happy to say that "Bubbles" the blob egg is still going strong! I'm rooting for the little one, the veining still looks different but it continues to grow and wiggle. :ya

2-13-20 Day 16 Silkie.jpg
2-13-20 Day 15 Salmon Faverolle.jpg
2-13-20 Day 15 Salmon Faverolle Bubbles.jpg

I did a quick clean of the incubator and got the last BCM egg back in. It’s on day 16. I tried candling it 2x, but it’s so dark, it’s a lost cause. The air cell was a bit small, but that’s because the humidity has been cranked since Saturday for the others hatching. Luckily the humidity has been sucked out of the air due to the weather, and I can shrink it down. Lockdown is Saturday, but I don’t think I’ll add water until I have an internal pip.

HEY! it only has 80ish in it now and is not "full" yet simply because I have babies due this weekend... huh might be time to build the "next stage" brooder???

I usually brood in my coop but dont have room because that's where my breeding groups are, so my mom (who keeps saying I have too many chickens....) is gung-ho to turn one of our indoor horse stalls into a brooder! I think she's got the bug too!

Well, I did my day 20 candle, and all six eggs that made it to the hatcher are looking good! I have one Ayam Cemani that I think may be internally pipped by morning, as well as an Aracauna/X that's actually a day behind but looks like it's getting ready to pip too.

But what I really came to share is this conundrum: My Ayam Cemani girl consistantly lays in her nest in the rabbit hutch like clockwork, leaving my two Silkie hens as the potential perpetrators. I did not put the egg there, my mom and our friend Lisa that checked on them yesterday afternoon swear they did not put the egg there.

How did this egg get there?! (Oh, and please pardon our mess, I gave the coop birds hay as extra insulation for the cold snap, and now
it looks super dirty)
IMG_20200213_102740.jpg

Back
Top Bottom