Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

I'm going to run it again for a few hours tonight before I decide what to do. I found myself chatting with the woman that sold it to me because she accidentally forgot to send the power cord initially, no biggy. She was so grateful that I was understanding and eventually told me that she is going through breast cancer treatment...so now I don't have the heart to ask her about the smell because she's going through enough. I may just count my losses on this one. Oh well! We live and we learn...to buy new incubators. :lau
It might be fine. I would run it all the time im home and see if it goes away. Maybe after a while whatever is causing the smell with "burn" off or evaporate or whatever

I know that I should post this here but anyway I just got 5 chicks from meyer's Hatchery today I got 3 more then I meant to because of the sale and I finally know what a chicken fever feels like

I know this sounds weird or gross but I have my chicks in the bathroom and I'm currently typing this using the restroom with a chick sleeping in my shirt I think I've gone chicken mad

Morning peeps..

Attachments

• IMG_20200225_073017622.jpg
    IMG_20200225_073017622.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 5
I know that I should post this here but anyway I just got 5 chicks from meyer's Hatchery today I got 3 more then I meant to because of the sale and I finally know what a chicken fever feels like

I know this sounds weird or gross but I have my chicks in the bathroom and I'm currently typing this using the restroom with a chick sleeping in my shirt I think I've gone chicken mad
You are in good company. I think all of us are right there with you lol.

If I put my peeping Hatchery chicks next to my incubater for a little bit while they are peeping do you think it would make the chicks in the eggs come out I'm on day 21 and worried for my eggs

Peeping does help to encourage hatching, I used to play a YouTube recording of chicks hatching by the incubator for a few seconds and turn it off to see if I could hear any peeps responding from the incubator. It's a fun way to hear if you have internal pips without opening the incubator and disturbing the humidity. I wouldn't start worrying yet, it's still early. Did you count the day you set the eggs as day zero? Because hatch day should technically be the same day of the week that the eggs were set. So if today is hatch day, then you would have set them on Tuesday, February 4th.

Peeping does help to encourage hatching, I used to play a YouTube recording of chicks hatching by the incubator for a few seconds and turn it off to see if I could hear any peeps responding from the incubator. It's a fun way to hear if you have internal pips without opening the incubator and disturbing the humidity. I wouldn't start worrying yet, it's still early. Did you count the day you set the eggs as day zero? Because hatch day should technically be the same day of the week that the eggs were set. So if today is hatch day, then you would have set them on Tuesday, February 4th.

I set them on a Wednesday

Back
Top Bottom