Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

An update on my ongoing hatch - Aracauna mix chick has officially been dubbed Kamikaze due to highly energetic yet completely uncoordinated stumbling around the incubator.

As for the Ayam Cemani eggs: the four that had not pipped yet still have not, although saw movement on three of them. Of the four internal pips the two that had internal pips 24 hours ago now have external pips, and while checking on the one that was very hard to see the cracks, I managed to drop it. I pulled away enough shell to verify that I did not kill the chick with my clutzyness, and also that it has pink skin and some white patches. Odd, considering the parents have not one bit of white on them.... I'd accuse my Silkie boys, but she's bigger and faster than them. I'm definitely separating them all now though...

Aww sorry he's not getting anything fertilized yet. I was so impatient with my boy when he took forever to start. I hope some more hormones kick in for your boy soon with spring coming. :fl

This is my boy (he's a paint but he doesn't have many spots, most are under his wings). He was so clumsy at first my husband decided his name needed to be Mr. Magoo. I think the poor guy has too much fluff around his eyes which makes it difficult to tell which end is which on the hens and makes him walk into things occasionally. Or maybe he's just a little little dense (probably both). He had a hard time staying on the hens and sometimes still does. :lol:

View attachment 2036502

Your boy sounds like much more of a gentlemen to his hens than my boy at least. :rolleyes:

Wow they are just beautiful! I love grays! :love

It really is frustrating 😅 He should know what he’s doing, he’s a 2018 bird so hopefully he’s just being clumsy!

Aw he’s lovely! It’s understandable about the vision thing causing some issues with him finding the way, mine can see though 😂

I’ve separated him off (again) with his two favourite hens that he’s over groomed. He’s dancing to them but still no action...

He’s not going to be happy when I trim his beak either.

828CBDCB-3301-429A-8C2F-776EB75F2963.jpeg

Perfect date or friend zone? Haha! That's hilarious though, poor guy!

I'm going into lockdown. Still have all 22 in the incubator, although I'm not sure about a few of the marans and 1 of the australorps. The marans because I can just make out some development, but that stinkin dark shell makes it so tough to say what I'm looking at! The australorp may have a blood ring? But I'm not sure, so for now I'm leaving it in.

Haha maybe he’s just building up to the moment 😂

Good luck with your eggs, sometimes if you are unsure on one as long as it doesn’t smell it’s best to leave it in for sure 🤞🏻

It really is frustrating 😅 He should know what he’s doing, he’s a 2018 bird so hopefully he’s just being clumsy!

Aw he’s lovely! It’s understandable about the vision thing causing some issues with him finding the way, mine can see though 😂

I’ve separated him off (again) with his two favourite hens that he’s over groomed. He’s dancing to them but still no action...

He’s not going to be happy when I trim his beak either.

View attachment 2036682

Haha maybe he’s just building up to the moment 😂

Good luck with your eggs, sometimes if you are unsure on one as long as it doesn’t smell it’s best to leave it in for sure 🤞🏻
Wow, they are stunning! I hope he figures it out soon!

THIS is NOT an Ayam Cemani.... I'm thinking my Silkie girls aren't freeloading slackers after all, and this was after an accidental visit to Mr Cochin, because I've got three typical Cemani chicks all laid around the date of this one! (Like this chick was laid 2.6, but 2.3,4,and7 are all Cemani...)

View attachment 2036717

Lol! What whatever it is, it's so cute!!!

IMG_20200227_140743[1].jpg

So after 5 different hatches over 3 years in this incy suddenly i cant hit lockdown humidity.
Im getting 58% WITH 2 tupperware containers full of water AND the entire base filled.
Is it possible the anti slip membrane is stopping the humidity from permeating????
Im at a loss, its day 19 today so i could really do with upping it, theres probably a gallon of water in that thing so 58% is ridiculous, oh the hygrometer agrees with the digital read out.

THIS is NOT an Ayam Cemani.... I'm thinking my Silkie girls aren't freeloading slackers after all, and this was after an accidental visit to Mr Cochin, because I've got three typical Cemani chicks all laid around the date of this one! (Like this chick was laid 2.6, but 2.3,4,and7 are all Cemani...)

View attachment 2036717
Awww, what a cutie!!

Back
Top Bottom