Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

You're welcome! I think there are probably a lot of others on here that know more than I do about silkies. Paints are something I've done a lot of researching on since that is what I'm focusing on breeding though. :D

Well nobody else has taken the time to tell me about that so as far as I'm concerned, you rock!
acceptacclaim.gif

I re-tested the fertility of the eggs from my flock with the new male. Still absolutely nothing fertile and I’ve had to separate him from the hens.

He’s just sitting and grooming the females faces (friendly grooming) and their beards are beginning to look very sparse.

I’ve got a show at the end of may so I’m hoping they will grow back before then...

I re-tested the fertility of the eggs from my flock with the new male. Still absolutely nothing fertile and I’ve had to separate him from the hens.

He’s just sitting and grooming the females faces (friendly grooming) and their beards are beginning to look very sparse.

I’ve got a show at the end of may so I’m hoping they will grow back before then...

lol! So he's just treating them too well and not making babies.

lol! So he's just treating them too well and not making babies.

It seems that way 😅

He sits there running their beard feathers through his beak. He doesn’t pull them, it’s just it’s eventually worn the fluff off the feathers.

He keeps taking them to food, dancing for them and calling to them but no he’s making no babies!

It seems that way 😅

He sits there running their beard feathers through his beak. He doesn’t pull them, it’s just it’s eventually worn the fluff off the feathers.

He keeps taking them to food, dancing for them and calling to them but no he’s making no babies!

Poor guy, sounds like he's doing everything just right but he's missing the point! :lau

Aww sorry he's not getting anything fertilized yet. I was so impatient with my boy when he took forever to start. I hope some more hormones kick in for your boy soon with spring coming. :fl

This is my boy (he's a paint but he doesn't have many spots, most are under his wings). He was so clumsy at first my husband decided his name needed to be Mr. Magoo. I think the poor guy has too much fluff around his eyes which makes it difficult to tell which end is which on the hens and makes him walk into things occasionally. Or maybe he's just a little little dense (probably both). He had a hard time staying on the hens and sometimes still does. :lol:

Mr. Magoo.jpg

Your boy sounds like much more of a gentlemen to his hens than my boy at least. :rolleyes:

They should be all gray. This is their parents but it my first hatch with this group. View attachment 2036492

Wow they are just beautiful! I love grays! :love

It seems that way 😅

Perfect date or friend zone? Haha! That's hilarious though, poor guy!

I'm going into lockdown. Still have all 22 in the incubator, although I'm not sure about a few of the marans and 1 of the australorps. The marans because I can just make out some development, but that stinkin dark shell makes it so tough to say what I'm looking at! The australorp may have a blood ring? But I'm not sure, so for now I'm leaving it in.

Back
Top Bottom