Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

Pics
well if I was only hatching Normal numbers then my set up is ok, but I am intent on hatching enough that Both DD's have a good choice of birds to take to fair. Oh and I Need more layers, right?
Don't we always need more layers 😂

I'm looking at all of these chicks that I have right now and I want to keep every single one of them If they stay the same colors.

I've never had a chocolate colored chick before or a silver one.

Oh nice! Hopefully you share that hatch as well!
Oh we will be hatching from now till probably may?? most every weekend. Bantambird just shipped me some marans, legbar and mixed color turkey eggs. I will be sharing that hatch also. I have been trying to keep my hatches documented on www.backyardchickens.com/threads/acres-poultry-hatching-thread-with-aliciaplus3.1344900/
ok there is some way to make that a link?? humm I am not near as computer savy as I would like.
anyway I always like to keep up on who is hatching what, and it helps to keep my hands out of the incubator as i am "patiently" waiting for the next weekends babies to emerge
eddited to add: huh looky there it "linked" on its own!

Sad to say, there will be no emus this week. Zero development in both eggs. A little heartbreaking, BUT, the lady I purchased them from was kind enough to send me 4 more eggs. No charge. Other than shipping.

Learned a bit from the experience. I’m hoping that maybe the eggs I received were from the start of the breeding season and just weren’t fertile. The 4 coming in Friday are from the end of the season.

Sad to say, there will be no emus this week. Zero development in both eggs. A little heartbreaking, BUT, the lady I purchased them from was kind enough to send me 4 more eggs. No charge. Other than shipping.

Learned a bit from the experience. I’m hoping that maybe the eggs I received were from the start of the breeding season and just weren’t fertile. The 4 coming in Friday are from the end of the season.
Well that was quite nice of her to do that for you! Now we will hopefully see some emus!

Aww so sorry to hear your emus didn't develop. That was really nice of the breeder to send more eggs, I hope you get some chicks from them!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom