Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

Pics
love your incubators and the little chick..lol, having a craft room is a great idea. I left the bed in the room with a quilt covering the bedding.. will be a easy yank the quilt, change out the linen's wipe down the stuff and there we are, I can take the chicks and move them to the master bedroom. Now that summer is getting back, I can take them and kick them out after a week or so, when I hatch for others, I keep them at least 3 days past hatch to insure they are all eating and drinking on their own.

Thanks! I actually have 2 more incubators and all 4 fit on that counter top, I only set these two up for now...though I'm sure my empty counter space with be short lived because I can't manage my hatching addiction, lol. I'm picking up the Silkie eggs today and I should be getting Salmon Faverolles eggs on friday! 😍

Thanks! I actually have 2 more incubators and all 4 fit on that counter top, I only set these two up for now...though I'm sure my empty counter space with be short lived because I can't manage my hatching addiction, lol. I'm picking up the Silkie eggs today and I should be getting Salmon Faverolles eggs on friday! 😍
how many do those hold? I've got one that is 24 count, but I find it to be a pain in the butt, my little janoel says it holds 12, but I think that is silkie egg size, as it only holds 6 of my main flock or NN eggs. it will hold 12 of the NN eggs if I hand turn. I've done that once with some shipped eggs and it was a pain remembering to turn them at least 3 X per day.. the 24 (which I might try again) will turn, well swing actually, I've not figured out the instructions for it and the low humidity buzzer keeps going off.

how many do those hold? I've got one that is 24 count, but I find it to be a pain in the butt, my little janoel says it holds 12, but I think that is silkie egg size, as it only holds 6 of my main flock or NN eggs. it will hold 12 of the NN eggs if I hand turn. I've done that once with some shipped eggs and it was a pain remembering to turn them at least 3 X per day.. the 24 (which I might try again) will turn, well swing actually, I've not figured out the instructions for it and the low humidity buzzer keeps going off.

The Nurture Right 360s hold 22 chicken eggs, I've hatched anything from quail eggs to extra large chicken eggs in those, it's by far my favorite incubator. Very consistent temperature and humidity throughout the incubator and because the turner rotates around the entire incubator you don't have concerns with hot and cold spots.

I also have an IncuView that I have used for quail, chickens, ducks, turkeys, and geese. The flexibility of that incubator and super easy clean up makes it my second favorite. It holds up to 27 chicken eggs, but because of the way the turner works, you can't fit as many eggs when they're large because they will get jumbled up and not turn properly.

Lastly I have a Hovabator 1602N as a backup incubator, last year I used a Little Giant for this purpose but realistically I didn't need 2 backup incubators so I gave it to a friend. lol

At some point I plan on doing a side by side incubation with all 4 incubators and split up eggs from a few different sources into them to get a more accurate hatch rate variability on them. Since I have 2 Nurture Right's as a control I feel like I should be able to get a pretty good idea. I need to start slow though because otherwise my Husband will flip a lid. lol

At some point I plan on doing a side by side incubation with all 4 incubators and split up eggs from a few different sources into them to get a more accurate hatch rate variability on them. Since I have 2 Nurture Right's as a control I feel like I should be able to get a pretty good idea. I need to start slow though because otherwise my Husband will flip a lid. lol
I actually got my husband to agree to help make an incubator out of a mini fridge that we have. I can't wait to start.

And it starts! 😍 :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy

1-28-20 What is better than a box of chocolates.jpg

Local, I drove less than an hour to get them. I let them settle for a hour after I got home and that was about the max of my patience. lol
Usually when I collect eggs from my backyard I just let them sit for about a half an hour and then I put them in the incubator. I have had good luck with my eggs. Other eggs not so much.

Back
Top Bottom