Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

Are you keeping them or selling them or using for meat?

They're always cute when they're little. That's how TSC manager suckered me into getting 3 ducklings 😂
They are supposed to be for meat. I thought mixing muscovy in would make them ugly. Lol. I've tried to raise ducks for meat a couple times before and haven't been able to follow through because of their sweet duck faces. I thought this would be a sure thing. My husband loves duck meat. We've raised a lot of other animals for meat. There's just something about ducks.

They are supposed to be for meat. I thought mixing muscovy in would make them ugly. Lol. I've tried to raise ducks for meat a couple times before and haven't been able to follow through because of their sweet duck faces. I thought this would be a sure thing. My husband loves duck meat. We've raised a lot of other animals for meat. There's just something about ducks.
We are hoping to do ducks and chickens, but every time we have a chance someone buys all our chicks. Hopefully this last hatch some can be used for meat.

I had to euthanize a duckling I got from a breeder because it had deformities she didn't disclose when we bought it. It could barely walk after a while. After we euthanized it, I realized we can definitely do meat. We just haven't had a chance yet.

We want to do pigs, but I have a soft spot for them 🙈

We are hoping to do ducks and chickens, but every time we have a chance someone buys all our chicks. Hopefully this last hatch some can be used for meat.

I had to euthanize a duckling I got from a breeder because it had deformities she didn't disclose when we bought it. It could barely walk after a while. After we euthanized it, I realized we can definitely do meat. We just haven't had a chance yet.

We want to do pigs, but I have a soft spot for them 🙈
We raise pigs. I love them but they can also be annoying. So I have a couple pets that are my buddies and I distance myself from the ones that are for meat. We've learned how to process them too. It was a bit nerve wracking at first but there's nothing like having a freezer full of your own hard work.

I cannot believe how lucky I am. I breed Sulmtaler but I wanted to have a couple of Bielefelder for laying while I collect hatching eggs. A friend knew someboday who has Bielefelder and brought me 15 eggs. He was upset though because that person kept the eggs overnight in the coop in freezing temperatures. He said, but them in but more or likely nothing will hatch.
Out of the 15 eggs... 5 showed signs of fertility. One died off and 4 went into lockdown.
Out of those four, I got 3 hens and only 1 rooster!!! I am just tickled pink!!!

Back
Top Bottom