Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

Does any one use the Harris Farm Nature 360 incubator? If so does the temp and humidity easily controlled, thank you for your help. I am thinking of getting another incubator for my March hatching
i love mine for the most part, I am spoiled by my brinsea with the humidity pump so I can set exactly what humidity I want. the nr360 requires a little more finagling if you want anything other than the 2 "presets" in other words filling channel a or both a and b for lockdown. I run my brinsea at 30 to 35% humidity and do well but the nr360 will sit at 40 to 50% with channel "a" filled. I have had decent luck adding a small amount of water, so not full but less than half and letting it dry out before adding more water. So looking for the average not an exact number at all times. When I run it Dry in my area it drops to 20%

i love mine for the most part, I am spoiled by my brinsea with the humidity pump so I can set exactly what humidity I want. the nr360 requires a little more finagling if you want anything other than the 2 "presets" in other words filling channel a or both a and b for lockdown. I run my brinsea at 30 to 35% humidity and do well but the nr360 will sit at 40 to 50% with channel "a" filled. I have had decent luck adding a small amount of water, so not full but less than half and letting it dry out before adding more water. So looking for the average not an exact number at all times. When I run it Dry in my area it drops to 20%
I agree... the humidity is a little fiddly. Mine hovers around 45% lately with channel a filled, but was 70%... maybe i overfilled channel a the time before? When i let it run dry it goes to 10% this time of year.

Still works well for me though and is a steal in its price range, I think!

With my mini7 up till now I have been running dry and had to run a heater to help dry the air to keep the humidity below 55%. Now on lockdown I put 4/5 drops of water in to get it to 70%, no heater(turned off) adding water every 4 hours.

Candled my leap year eggs due to hatch on the 29th and three out of the 5 are growing well and look great. The other two look infertile. Took a peek at three of my Brickhouse Orps and one was definitely bad. Like black on the inside at day 6 bad and the other two I saw baby beans!! So excited that they are growing well. I'll wait for the other eggs to get to day 10 before I candle them but very encouraged. Their air cells looked on track for day 7 and the veining looked really good.

When is it safe to move the chicks over to shavings? Kitchen roll gets manky quickly. Blergh... But I dont want them eating the shavings and getting ill.
You can put on shavings right away. I use paper towels at first just so they can find the food easier. I sprinkle food on the paper towels so they can scratch and pick at it. I only do this for the first couple days them move them to regular bedding. The last couple years I changed over to pine pellets instead of pine shavings. They last longer, smell better and don;t clog up the water dish as much.

You can put on shavings right away. I use paper towels at first just so they can find the food easier. I sprinkle food on the paper towels so they can scratch and pick at it. I only do this for the first couple days them move them to regular bedding. The last couple years I changed over to pine pellets instead of pine shavings. They last longer, smell better and don;t clog up the water dish as much.

I do paper towels too to start and then go outside on the dirt. I like to have them on one or the other Papertowels are also compostable if you use them in your brooder I just roll them up around the poo and put them in the compost bucket to take out. I think in the house it cuts down on the the amount of dust they make because the shavings have so much of it on it's own.

@CluckNDoodle I just want to give you a little shout out :thumbsup You have been so super helpful in this hatch a long thread and so super nice while doing it. I wish you lived close to me so we could be chicken buddies in real life:D Kudos to you:highfive:

Aww shucks,
smiley blush.gif
I'm glad I have been able to be of some help to others! That's what is so great about hatch-a-longs, you learn so many different ways of doing things from so many different people willing to share their experiences, both good and bad!

You never know! I can't stand the humidity here in Georgia, maybe we'll escape back to my Hubby's homeland eventually and we can share our hatching addiction in person. lol!

Back
Top Bottom