Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

I have 9 eggs in lockdown as of last night! 8 Ayam Cemani, 1 Aracauna/X. I always set late in the evening, so should start seeing things the evening of the 25th, into the day of the 26th. I will post a link to the live feed via Periscope (probably starting in the morning of the 25th) when I get it started, because it turns out YouTube won't let you live-stream from a phone if you have less than 1000 subscribers, but every other camera is ok....
Yeah I tried with my phone before I bought my camera. They let me run it through streamlabs to youtube find with the camera but not with my phone.

The big mini eggs go into lock down tomorrow hatch day Thursday. I'll candle them before I do but all 4 looked good the last time I checked, although one has an iffy air cell. It's gone quick this time, the mini eggs sempt to take forever. These may be the last eggs I set (for a while...) Depending what we get.

Thanks! @Magicman1623 had an awesome idea to trade seeds for eggs and he generously sent me a mix of these: Blue Super Satins, Blue/Splash Marans, Black Copper Marans, Wyandotte, Olive Eggers, and a flowery Easter Egger. Also have 6 australorps from a breeder here in Ohio that went in with them. I'm using my trusty old Nurture Right 360 that's done well for me twice before.
Hi Fellow OH poultry lovers! I just wanted to put the word out that we sell hatching eggs, chicks and on occasion full grown birds. We breed exhibition Quality Australorps in Blue, Black and Splash. We are located West of Dayton Ohio. I just wanted to put the word out there because it's much safer to buy within traveling distance then to ship eggs and birds. Right now I'm booked on orders until the end of March. If I can help feel free to contact me at (513) 716-0504. Thx, Tara

Is there a thread for a March hatch-a-long?
Just candled my eggs (March hatch) and out of 50 eggs, 44 are still in the race! 2 were a Hail Mary... I didn't think anything would develop, and it didn't. Just hoping. Oh well.
2 more weeks!!

Now the February hatch .... I was so excited because out of the 4 Bielefelder eggs that were fertilized I ended up with 3 hens and only one rooster. Well, my Sulmtaler didn't work out so great....looks like out of the 6, I ended up with 6 roosters. :hit Hopefully next time there are a few more hens.

Last edited:
Is there a thread for a March hatch-a-long?
Just candled my eggs (March hatch) and out of 50 eggs, 44 are still in the race! 2 were a Hail Mary... I didn't think anything would develop, and it didn't. Just hoping. Oh well.
2 more weeks!!

Now the February hatch .... I was so excited because out of the 4 eggs that were fertilized I ended up with 3 hens and only one rooster. Well, my Sulmtaler didn't work out so great....looks like out of the 6, I ended up with 6 roosters. :hit Hopefully next time there are a few more hens.

Here's the link for the March hatch-a-long:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tis-time-for-a-march-2020-hatch-a-long.1347109/
I'm sorry about all of the roos!! I have a lot of loud peepers in my Silkie brooder and I'm starting to wonder how many cockerels I have in there as well, lol.

Back
Top Bottom