Too Early Movements

SussyPurplePlayz

Chirping
Mar 5, 2024
This is day 12. Two of my 3 chicken eggs are already moving enough to kick their legs on the shell so I can feel it whenever I grab them for candling. I don’t think they ever rolled around the incubator yet, tho. Is this normal, so early? The humidity, heat, and everything else looks just fine!

This is day 12. Two of my 3 chicken eggs are already moving enough to kick their legs on the shell so I can feel it whenever I grab them for candling. I don’t think they ever rolled around the incubator yet, tho. Is this normal, so early? The humidity, heat, and everything else looks just fine!
Did you get shipped eggs from a hatchery or breeder, or are they eggs from your flock? Did you store them at all before putting them in the incubator, if so at what temperature?

Did you get shipped eggs from a hatchery or breeder, or are they eggs from your flock? Did you store them at all before putting them in the incubator, if so at what temperature?
They’re from my flock! And no, I didn’t store them before, I just took them in the morning when I saw them. They weren’t too cold, neither too warm.

You're not counting the day you placed the eggs in the incubator are you?(Common mistake)

Day 12 there shouldn't be any movement from the eggs, you could get movement as early as day 15 though.

Interesting.... would it be possible to post some pictures when you candle? Do the chicks look bigger than they should on Day 12 or normal size?
You're not counting the day you placed the eggs in the incubator are you?(Common mistake)

Day 12 there shouldn't be any movement from the eggs, you could get movement as early as day 15 though.
I am counting, I prefer to tell the truth when it comes to the health to my chicks.

Attachments

• 2957D726-977D-43B5-A39F-8F619ACB34F3.png
    2957D726-977D-43B5-A39F-8F619ACB34F3.png
    106.5 KB · Views: 4
Interesting.... would it be possible to post some pictures when you candle? Do the chicks look bigger than they should on Day 12 or normal size?
I will candle and make photos of them in a few hours, when I can turn the eggs again. Than I will send them right to you.

I don’t think they really are that big. but you’ll just see the photos.

Back
Top Bottom