Too harsh a punishment, or not??

A piece of candy....we are not talking about shoveling globs of candy in their mouths or teasing other kids that they cant have any? Right? They just had a piece of candy? A weeks detention for a piece of candy is a little torturous in my book.

I can see having them write an essay and being made to clean the chalk board or something like that...but a weeks detention...harsh.

it is scary to see how things have changed in the past 20 or so years..
hmm.png
what is worse is how most people are ok with this..*not on here, in general*

Its during recess and lunch, IMO not that bad.
I dont like my kids having candy, it makes me rather upset when my MIL gives them suckers, cookies, etc as soon as she sees them.

She tried buying my oldest a sucker the other day and he said 'My mommy will just say no' but I ask him.. 'Do you want your teeth to rot out of your head?'

I dont think I would be mad over it..

I need to see this story backed up by some other source first before I believe it. There are way too many "one-off" stories that are so much BS picked up by advocacy/interest groups, given a bit of spin and then plastered all over the 'net as indisputable fact.

This actually happened, was quite an "event" for several days. The girl didn't even eat the candy a classmate had just given it to her, at lunch no less. The school's response is that they don't want to lose government funding for not following a healthy food regimen.

It is absolutely insane.

Yeah, i agree.. it is way too harsh. I think that she did need a small consequence or somethng, because rules are rules... and she needs to know to follow the rules...
But... a weeks suspension? Just nuts...
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom