Too many ducks

Quote:
Ummmmm you are safe gal...he will have to feed them if he kills you.
gig.gif
That is what DH told me when I announced the other day that even though it looks like I may have 3 GWH drakes....I am keeping them all...all 11 of them are mine, boys or girls does not matter they are mine. His exact words were "I want to choke you but then I would have to feed all the chickens and ducks"
gig.gif

Note my chickens...I was only having 6 hens...ahem yes...now I have 29 hens and 1 roo.

Last edited:
Don't worry by this time next year you will probably have about 10X that many. That's what happened to me. My last 17 were the ones I hatched to sell for Easter. I sold 2
hide.gif

I honestly lost count but they number at about 40 right now. I have 5 eggs in the bator and a broody duck on 4 eggs.
barnie.gif

It's a disease, just go with it......
frow.gif

I have 38 adults and 15 ducklings! There is no such thing as too many, as long as you can care for all of them!

I'm going to be selling most of the chickens so that I can get more runner ducks for eggs!

Emily in NC

Yes Dances with Ducks...little girl Pekins... ordered 15, one of which was DOA...the 14 are thriving...great use for my puppy food pan...it holds a gallon and is not deep enough for anyone to get in trouble...I chopped broccli florettes yesterday and dumped them in the water dish...it was total mayhem with them grabbing and diving for them...I don't theink the two goslings, Uno and Dos, got any of the booty...they are so much fun to watch...

I want ducks SO bad you all are making me jealous! We have a stocked pond with a grassy island in the middle of it but DH (who wants ducks also) is so afraid that the raccoons, fox, etc. will get to them and kill them if we get some...I just love being out on the deck and seeing the occasional wild mallard or Canadian geese that make the pond a stop over - just so peaceful....I don't think you could have enough ducks!

Quote:
Ummmmm you are safe gal...he will have to feed them if he kills you.
gig.gif
That is what DH told me when I announced the other day that even though it looks like I may have 3 GWH drakes....I am keeping them all...all 11 of them are mine, boys or girls does not matter they are mine. His exact words were "I want to choke you but then I would have to feed all the chickens and ducks"
gig.gif

Note my chickens...I was only having 6 hens...ahem yes...now I have 29 hens and 1 roo.

And YOU getting all those gorgeous ducks didn't help my obsession either!!!! Oh my goodness!! I'm constantly clicking on the pics of your ducks. LOL

Hubby hears me going "awwwwww" about 1000 times a day and he rolls his eyes. LOL!!!

He is now fencing off a large section of the front lawn for the ducks...of course he still doesn't know the two Pekins are coming probably tomorrow. LOL

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom