Too with swollen face eyes swollen shut

Sorry, was stuck on stupid and did the math wrong. Dose I would give a 5.06 pound bird is 0.64ml twice a day. I will go back and edit my previous post.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Sorry, was stuck on stupid and did the math wrong. Dose I would give a 5.06 pound bird is 0.64ml twice a day. I will go back and edit my previous post.

-Kathy
OK. Any advice on the pullet? No one responded to my thread and I am clueless how to help. I brought her inside and held her upright to eat and drink.

OK. Any advice on the pullet? No one responded to my thread and I am clueless how to help. I brought her inside and held her upright to eat and drink.

Just give her the Tylan per Casportpony's dosage. Keep her warm. Eye dropper her with Chick Saver Electrolytes if need be.

When they get this sick, all you can do is keep them warm, orally eye dropper the meds and some Chick Saver, and hope for the best.

It may be Infectious Bronchitis...that can go through very quickly. If a bird is susceptible, it can shut down the kidneys quickly. Out of a flock of 15, I had about 7 get sick, lost 1 within a day of sneezing, listless, weak, then down. Lost another after about 4 days care. The rest recovered. The others never got sick.

Hoping for the best for you.
LofMc

I agree. Looks rather like fowl pox to me...https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...x-xxx-rated-graphic-pictures-of-pus-and-scabs

See this thread, but those cases are fairly advanced.

Edit: I don't see any scabs, though, which fowl pox usually has.

I hope your roo makes it. :hugs

If it's fowl pox I had cured my chickens from fowl pox with 3 percent hydrogen peroxide and rubbing acohol and mixed it up in a little cup and took some qutips and picked the scabs of threw the scabs in the garbage and then I took the mixture and put some on the chickens where the scabs where and never had a problem with that again and once a chicken has fowl pox they can't get it again but I caught it before it got to there respiratory system hope thing go ok

Back
Top Bottom