Too young to tell? Mostly color identification

LTygress

Songster
7 Years
Sep 12, 2012
I recently visited a farm and the lady there just kept giving me eggs left and right to hatch out. I didn't have anything to mark them with, and now I'm having trouble figuring out exactly which ones hatched!

The one that really puzzles me is this little one. EVERYONE is drawn to him because he's not a normal grey. His down is actually a mix of black and SNOW WHITE - NOT YELLOW! The picture shows it in yellow due to the sun setting at the time, but he's definitely not! He's pure white and black.

Around his eyes are almost pure white instead of grey, although these photos don't really show it all very well since it was getting dark. But he hasn't got a single bit of yellow down on him, like a white variety chicken would have (my leghorn chicks are all yellow). It's just pure white down.

Once I find out what color variety he is likely to be, I'll probably know what breed he came from, based on the what breeds she gave me eggs from. I did at least see the parents of all of the eggs!

Haha! It's the one everyone eyes when they visit! I want to keep him/her though, just because I LOVE that snow-white down. Can't wait to hatch more out like this!

And the silver laced means a simple silver sebright bantam. I think she gave me about 8 of those eggs, so once the next batch hatch out, he/she should have some friends that look alike :)

Unfortunately, Silverfox, you're in the UK, or I'd share! lol

Back
Top Bottom