Took some pictures today....Sebastopols, Dewlap Toulouse, American, & Utility Toulouse

Thats just them milling around the newly fenced area. they were up the hill, down the hill, under the oak trees, in the sun. sometimes they will lay next to us, sometimes they dont. I used a Nikon D90 and two different lenses with a solar shield.

Beautiful babies!! They look so content and well cared for. Thanks for posting!
love.gif

Celtic you are making me wish my babies lives away. I can't wait til they look like yours do. I want curly feathers darn it! I haven't spoken to you since you helped me put the pictures online but I got one more white gosling hatched out to go with the ones I had shipped from Priscilla M. I'm hoping it will be a girl. I'll put her picture online after I get off of graveyards. I'm also going to put my 4 new dewlaps from Carole on the proper thread of course along with the ones I hatched with mentoring from Janet C. (IainUtah) That was fun! She was a huge part of my success! Anyway...later.

Hey Shannon, glad you are enjoying the babies. They grow fast so take lots of pictures! Remember your babies from Priscilla can be smooth (smooth is smooth breast feathers) as well as curly both. The new image in my avatar is a Priscilla gosling that I am watching grow out closely. Hopefully the adults and juveniles will come around to the front when I try and take more pictures so I can share them soon too.

Iain, thanks for the compliment. They are a ton of work, but so rewarding. Hubbies Buff Dewlaps are so incredibly brave and walked the fence line along the road today. Was cute to watch their fuzzy butts take in the new space.

I did upload all 93 pictures to our album today too.

Celtic, I have a question. Maybe you can answer it. I have the impression that the colored Sebs are really crosses of Seb and Dewlap Toulouses and bred back into Sebs. Is that true?
Also, I am having a problem with one of my Sebs from Priscilla who has a lameness problem. I don't know what could have caused it unless it was horseplay in the enclosure. The first one to go lame was the solid grey female it only lasted one day. Then one of the sb males went lame that only lasted one day. Then about 3 days ago the biggest male (I think its a male) Patton went lame and while he is not as bad as he was, he is still favoring his left leg and seems to stick it out to the side as he walks (limps). What do you think? I am on graveyards right now and have seen very little of them except to care for them since Friday. I thought he would get better like the other 2 did and he has. Just not as well as I'd like to see. Today I got up earlier and made a much bigger enclosure for them. Its about 10 by 20 ft. There are 4 Sebs and 2 Toulouse babies in it. That should be enough room I would think. The silly little things lift up their stubby little wings and run around like lunatics, bumping into each other and everything else like walls and such. I think thats how Patton got hurt.
They get 20% protein chick starter/grower and plenty of green grass with unlimited water to drink and to some to play in when they are outside. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

whats the flooring they are on? that many getting bum legs would make me think they are slipping around.

yes the colored sebbies are cross bred out to other breeds many times to bring color in. Lots of genetics behind it and too much for a quick answer. lol

How old are all of the goslings now?

whats the flooring they are on? that many getting bum legs would make me think they are slipping around.

yes the colored sebbies are cross bred out to other breeds many times to bring color in. Lots of genetics behind it and too much for a quick answer. lol

How old are all of the goslings now?
Celtic, the oldest Sebs are 2 weeks and 3 days old today. Then the 2 dewlaps are 1 week and 3 days today There were 3 of these but I lost one to ingesting bedding (I think). The youngest Seb is only 3 days old. That one is on puppy pads with a layer of shavings underneath. The older Sebs are all on shavings now and have been since I got them. The older dewlaps are back on shavings after a 1 week hiatus on puppy pads after the one baby died from ingesting the shavings.

Back
Top Bottom