Took the dogs to the vet yesterday

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Though only our older GSD Jax had the appointment. Where one goes, the other goes. It's a hour long ride to the vet.

Besides Jax needing his yearly vaccinations, we needed some more comfortis for fleas. Also, we were concerned about Jax being underweight. He's just not a big eater.

When "Dr. Bonnie" comes in, she stands back and observes Jax and says he's at a good weight. He's 79 lbs., but at 2 years old we'd like to see him beefing up a bit.

Then she turns her attention to Kane and I immediately put my arms protectively around him. I tell Dr. Bonnie, "he's not fat! he's just fluffy!". She didn't believe me.
hmm.png

I have one cat and one dog that I am AFRAID to take to the vet. Because he's gonna fuss at me.....
hmm.png

So what's the plan for Kane?
lau.gif

I've known several GSDs who were just on the thinner side their whole lives. They could have been beefier I'm sure, but there was nothing wrong with them! Compared to Kane, I'm sure Jax DOES look smaller/skinnier!
lol.png
From the last pictures I saw, Kane is a monster dog!

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, there is no plan. Kane does have a waistline, you just have to dig both hands in through the forest of fur to find it.

His breeder said 110 lbs. for him at 2 years old and that's about what I'm expecting. He will be the same size as his sire and grandsire and that's all there is to it.

He has lost almost two pounds, down from 99 to 97.3. Even Kane doesn't feel like eating much in this heat.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom