TOOOOO SLOOOOWWW

rlhagan56

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2012
Out West
I've been having so much trouble with the site for two days now, so slow loading anything that it's useless to even try to navigate around. Windows keeps telling me your site is not responding. I have updated and tried Chrome and Internet Explorer, updated my flash and the other one, cleared my cache. I don't get alerts for threads either. I didn't have problems with your site until yesterday.

OK, it looks like I was probably able to solve this problem - the issue with the BYC website seems to be a conflict relating to 32-bit Firefox and Adobe Flash. People who have that type of Firefox may experience jamming, slowness, high use of system resource problems when using this site. Since my operating system is 64-bit, I was able to install 64-bit Firefox and uninstall 32-bit Firefox, and when I opened this site, for the first time, it operated normally. A minute or so after, I did start to get the high fan-and-system resources hogging - oh - it's happening again - the fan goes on high and Firefox uses 18% of resources (typically on my hyperthreading corei7 Thinkpad, only 1% of CPU is used). I will make sure my plug-ins are updated and will report back.

Lap top and my computer at work. Internet Explorer on both the versions are updated automatically --cannot change work. Won't use the other ones especially chrome and firefox because I've had them take over my system with huge problems. My cache automatically scrubbed on a schedule. It is only this site that I have issues with and if I shut the laptop down totally and start it up it seems to work for a while. I get a "thinking" circle that spins when I'm having issues and dings in the background for no reason that I can find. Dings at work are silenced so no idea on that there.

I have been having the same problem as jeria. The computer is WAY behind me in typing. I am using a house computer using Windows 10. I will try clearing the cache but I am not having this problem with any other website other than BYC. When I click on anything I get the "thinking" circle as well. I am using Microsoft edge. I'll try something else. It seems the longer I am on the site the worse it gets!

I'm also on Edge but explorer at work does the same thing. . it's better for some unknow reason

OK, looks like once I went in to Tools>Add-ons>Plugins and chose "never activate" for Adobe Shockwave Flash, my PC fan is now quite again and Firefox is using 1-3% of resources. (64-bit Firefox is able to operate without Flash.) In the process, I also tested IE (Internet Explorer) and that did not have problems. So people stuck with 32-bit Firefox may need to deactivate Flash to solve their problems with slowness or switch to another browser.

Mine I have trouble typing as there is often a huge delay in typing and the letters appearing on the screen. I'm not having this issue with other sites so it is not my computer.

A few questions will help us isolate the issue:

• Are you on a computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
• If phone / mobile, which model? If computer, which operating system and version?
• Which browser and version are you using (eg., Chrome 58.0.3029, Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 8, etc.)
• Have you deleted your internet cache / browser history of files and tried again?
• Have you tried a different browser?

Thanks, and we look forward to getting your problem fixed!

Back
Top Bottom