Top Hen

With just two hens, it will take some time for them to establish a pecking order. It is also possible that it may never happen with them. Two hens are barely considered a flock. They may just end up being friends, or split the job between themselves.

Last edited:
when one starts to stop theother from eating and drinking
when i got my two , one would be the first to everything while the other hung back and was very quiet where the other wold never shut up throughout the day unless they got treats !

they are all fine and good friends just one may be dominent but as already stated earlier they could just end up being friends

mine are sisters and love to argue over who gets what first !

So far I think they are like sisters. It's fun to see their personalities emerging. Thelma seems to prefer eating out of the bowl. Prissy will eat some of the crumble, but seems to like to free range more.

they decided to venture up the steps to my back door today, then ended up roosting on the rungs on the bottom of my grill. LOL I picked up each one and took her down to the coop. It was the first time I've picked them up. I've only had them a week and a half, but I'm already in love.
big_smile.png

Oh and I know this is off the original subject, sorta, but what should I expect when I had chickens in the Spring? How can I make the transition go smoother?

Thanks.

Recently I have noticed more dominant behavior from Thelma, the lighter one. The other one seems to be the sweeter one, more interested in being held than the other one. They sure are fun.

Quote:
She will be the one giving orders.

Seriously? I'm never serious. One it's no fun and two at my age I don't have to be.
lol.png

One usually is dear and the other will follow her. Kinda like I follow DW through the mall and never say anything. Just take out the credit card and hand it to her.
gig.gif

I wish you well and Lord have mercy , you only have two hens? Not if I had your address and lived near by you wouldn't.

Rancher

Back
Top Bottom