Topic of the Week - What do you do with all those eggs?

i wd like to sell my beautiful delicious eggs but I heard from another chicken keeper that before I sell eggs there are regulations I must follow - there are forms to be filled out and the Florida department of health has to inspect your coop, inspect the birds and make sure you are selling eggs that are safe for people to eat. What is required in your area?
I was living in Kenya at the time. No regulations applied.

i wd like to sell my beautiful delicious eggs but I heard from another chicken keeper that before I sell eggs there are regulations I must follow - there are forms to be filled out and the Florida department of health has to inspect your coop, inspect the birds and make sure you are selling eggs that are safe for people to eat. What is required in your area?
Here in Ontario, Canada a person can sell eggs at their home property as long as it is from your hens on your property.

This is what I found for you living in Florida - I would just trash my eggs or give them away if I had to pay $110/yr for a permit - I don't make that much ever for the couple dozen I sell a week!

https://nwdistrict.ifas.ufl.edu/pha...and-dressed-poultry-from-florida-small-farms/

I donated ten dozen eggs last week to my local Bread Shed. They hold a raffle to give them away to ten people who hold the tickets with the lucky numbers drawn. I would prefer to sell them, and often do, for $2/doz., but at the moment I have no customers. I would much rather give them away than see them go to waste!

I give mine to the local fire department as well as people at work (hospital). I also raffle them at my professional association meetings. Occasionally I give them to delivery people or workers at the house.

I donated ten dozen eggs last week to my local Bread Shed. They hold a raffle to give them away to ten people who hold the tickets with the lucky numbers drawn. I would prefer to sell them, and often do, for $2/doz., but at the moment I have no customers. I would much rather give them away than see them go to waste!
Thats really a nice thing that you go out of your way to contribute to the people. 🐓❤️

Thats really a nice thing that you go out of your way to contribute to the people. 🐓❤️
I never thought of that. If ever we have extra ill ask the church near me. Bc there was a time we did have extra and before we would throw them out in the compost bc it was too.much for.us to hold to.to bc we had a lot at the time to try to use and.sometimes my hub cant sell them at work and then when he goes on vaca we dont sell any...But next time I'll think of that. Thanks for the tip!

Mix up about a dozen put them in empty Gatorade bottles freeze them. Works great. Also make train wreck,scrambled eggs,sausage or chorizo and fried taters and onions. Also freeze very well in ziplock snack bags. Perfect serving size. Great burritos. Take them on the road with me.
And give away a few dozen at church.

Mix up about a dozen put them in empty Gatorade bottles freeze them. Works great. Also make train wreck,scrambled eggs,sausage or chorizo and fried taters and onions. Also freeze very well in ziplock snack bags. Perfect serving size. Great burritos. Take them on the road with me.
And give away a few dozen at church.
How long does it take for the Gatorade bottles to thaw out?

Back
Top Bottom