Tornado's

Boyd

Recipient of The Biff Twang
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
MI
Did everybody come out ok?

I get a call from my dad this morning about 8am (way early for my dad) telling me to batten down the hatches, we have some big storms moving in. So I get all of my hutches done, rabbits fed their daily ration and made sure they had more than enough water in case I dont' get back out there..

Dad calls back around noonish and tells me they have tornado and it's headed my way (10 miles from his house) so I grab the wife n baby and played it safe. Nothing got us, but when I turned on the news it looked like Michigan wasn't the only one affected. Stretching from Tenn all the way up here
hide.gif

Wow, scary....what parts or MI were affected??????????????? I was supposed to speak with my MIL and FIL and my SIL but they didn't log on and now I am worried!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad you guys madeit through just fine, hope the same for the rest of your family!!!!!!!!!!!

Tornado's are the reason that I like living so close to my volcano. Tornado's scare me. They can sneak up and get you before you know what's going on. Volcano's are usually polite enough to give a lot of warnings before hand. Of course my volcano is the pyroclastic variety that is rather destructive when it finally decides to go off.

I hope that everyone is safe tonight.

Hope your neck of the woods is doing alright there Boyd - I checked in from work in time to see the tornado warning for our county, and though it was east of my place, I hoped your place is alright!

Hubby is out on storm work, see how long DTE can drag this out....

I pray everyone is safe. I lived in Memphis, Tn and all my life and tornado warnings were a way of life every spring and fall. Tornados and spiders are my biggest fears. Please everyone take cover and care. Living in WNC, we are pretty safe. Supposedly, they hit the mountains and we do not get them very often. I have been here 8 years and have not seen this particular weather phenom. Thank God! So please, everyone please be careful and watchful my thoughts and prayers are with you for your safety.

I'm further north of Boyd and our schools went into Tornado drill lockdown today since one was spotted in the county. Blew through pretty quick with only a free trees down. Everyone still has power.
smile.png

Tornadoes are pretty rare in northern Michigan, the lakes keep the air temps more stable and we generally have cooler weather. Southern Michigan gets a share though.

One has apparently just hit Chattanooga Tn. It May have Hit the dam in Chattanooga an ripped the steal fencing across the dam an put on on the interstate that crosses the dam an caused a big crash.

One hit my county yesterday an hit a school in the next county over.

Last edited:
Quote:
smile.png
Genesee County seems to get a fair share for some reason
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom