total embarrasment....for my son

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by kareninthesun, Aug 5, 2011.

1. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    When my youngest was old enough to volunteer to work at ComicCon, I figured it would be an excellent tool to use in preparing to join the work force. He'd be doing something he absolutely loved, and had a full year to save money to spend on his own. Part of the perks is that we often get to go to the panels we want, sometimes together, sometimes not. Our tastes aren't always the same, which is just fine. But we both LOVE Psych, Warehouse 13, Eurika, Mythbusters. This year we both went to these, cool because everyone who attended Psych got free tee shirts (nice ones) that had their logo and faces on the front.

So today, after finishing chores and work stuff on the computer, I needed to run to the grocery store. My now 19 year old son volunteered to go, then we both decided to go together. I'd also been doing laundry, and frankly just ran out of steam to go back upstairs and change again, so grabbed a comfy tee from the dryer. Put my hair up and off my face. Neither of us noticed until AFTER we parked and started walking in the store...yep, same tee shirt. Tim suddenly (hahahah) didn't want to go in. Couldn't pass up this opportunity. Haven't dressed alike in, well, ever, except to color co-ordinate for the family photos. So I suggested that he go on one side of the store and pick up items, I'd do the same on the other side, and no one would notice....

except, after bringing in a friend who works there into the story...he would go along when I prompted: Tim tries for invisability cloak, and gently slides merchandise into the basket. Me: (Not quiet like) "Oh wow, Tim, look, we're wearing the same tee shirt. How awsome is that!"

He tries to shrink away...Frank, the big burly employee whom used to play professional football and now coaches on the side and has a big voice, "Tim, man, that is like totally cute on you! You match your Mama!"

He swears to seek revenge after the ink dries in formal legal separation papers.

2. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Hahaha, that's hilarious! Can't even begin to count the number of times DD and I have stepped out of our rooms at the same time with even just the same colors on...paused...looked at each other's colors...and just turned right around to go change, lol...can't even imagine what it'd be like for a 19 yo male caught out dressed matching mamma. It's cute actually and he'll laugh about it in 20 or 40 years, lol.

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

Sounds like something I'd do to my kids.

4. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] Opportunities like this are one of the few perks of having teenaged kids.

5. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    He tried to extract a promise not to use this as writing material. I did promise that once I published as a valid story (this doesn't count, it's only SHARING) I'd change his name. Future legalities and such.

Since my hubby's flannels were always raided as popular, I invited the same, knowing my daughter would be the only one
    to accept the invite.

6. paperdragonfarm

paperdragonfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Albany
    ....we routinely get matching shirts for the whole family, teenage boy included. Specifically for public outings so we're easy to spot and more inclined to keep herded together. Must be an autism thing.

7. mrkpero

mrkpero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Too funny! My hubby is a volunteer firefighter and we all have t shirts for his dept. Just the other day we were getting ready to go the the fair and hubby, myself, and our 13 yr old all had on the same shirt. We just bust out laughing when we realized it. My husband and I work at the same place so I guess we're used to dressing alike ALL the time!

8. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

My mom and I have matching T-shirts, but I've decided it doesn't count because they're just plain black ones that happen to be the same brand. [​IMG]

Poor guy.... At least he didn't match a sister.

9. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

That is hilarious!! Thanks, I needed a laugh. . .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by