Totally Confused.....Silver Penciled Rocks or Welsummer

Why do you say not EE? If it's just two random breeds then it could look like anything
EEs aren't a cross of just any 2 random breeds. Most often in hatcheries the cross involves Ameraucanas and more prolific breeds. They are an intentional cross to get higher production green and blue egglayers, though some will lay brown or pinkish eggs. EEs aren't a true breed but in general they have certain characteristics. Those would be a pea comb, beard/muffs and green legs. Yours has a single comb, no beard/muffs or green legs. An EE may be in the background, but that single comb makes it unlikely the bird will lay blue or green eggs.

EEs aren't a cross of just any 2 random breeds. Most often in hatcheries the cross involves Ameraucanas and more prolific breeds. They are an intentional cross to get higher production green and blue egglayers, though some will lay brown or pinkish eggs. EEs aren't a true breed but in general they have certain characteristics. Those would be a pea comb, beard/muffs and green legs. Yours has a single comb, no beard/muffs or green legs. An EE may be in the background, but that single comb makes it unlikely the bird will lay blue or green eggs.
Actually, hatchery Easter Eggers do not have any Ameraucana in them at all. They are what the Ameraucana breed was derived from. It's Ameraucana that have Easter Eggers in them, not the other way around.

Either way this what I'm calling EE are not from a hatchery they are from a local women who has an Ameracauna roo over her mixed flock.
All her mixed flock lays are blue eggs so that is why I called it an EE.

A true Ameraucana should not be producing single comb chicks. That, to me, indicates that she has an Easter Egger rooster. And that means that your girl may or may not be an Easter Egger. If she lays a colored egg, call her an Easter Egger. If she doesn't, she's a mixed breed.

Back
Top Bottom