Totally heart broken in NC

swdunn0926

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Fayetteville
OK here it goes, need to get this off my chest!

There is a man I buy my feed from who also has chickens and god knows what else. Well I went about 2 months ago and bought feed from him and in a cage about 2ft x 1ft x1 ft were 15 or so batam chickens sitting by the gate, I asked what they were and he said nothing important just some mixed breeds I am going to feed my snakes! There little things were a grouping of hens and pullets that looked to have been a cross between silkies and batam easter eggers, well I said snake food and he said yes, I said well would you like to sell a few? Since 1 looked like a chicken I had as a teenager. He said yes, well mind you I have large breeds of chickens and he asked how many to which I said how about 2 (one being the look alike twin of the one I had as a teen, white one) and she needed a friend( this one was reddish tan with a hat on). And 2 being all I could handle with the size of my current flock. Well I bought them and brought them home seperated them and when I doctored them up put them into the hen house and watched well the white one after a few days set into big bird life fine and the other I named Beula never did! Well last night I had to work really late and my partner let everyone out to forage around the yard until dark went out to shut them up in the hen house and missed her and left her out, and this morning I found the remains of my dear sweet Beula who followed me around the yard like a dog or who would come up on the deck to sit with me and who I hunted bugs with and who sat on my shoulder while I cut grass and come running to her name! Her head was missing and there beside her body was a small white egg, only the 2nd one since I had her. I am crushed and I know I am rambling and have left out alot about my little buddy, BUT I ALREADY MISS HER. And I am blaming my partner for my hurt (right now). If there ever was a sweetest little mixed breed I ever knew it was that little mutt. She IS missed. Only other BYC people know what I am saying I guess and I hope this makes me feel better! But let it be known I am on a hunt tonight for the culprit and there will be revenge on that beast! Thank for my vent session!

hugs.gif
It always seems to be the favorites when this happens!!!

hugs.gif

Sorry you lost Beula but try not to hold onto too much upset with your partner, I know of very few people who understand how we count the chooks at night and make sure they're all in the roost where they ought to be when it's time for lights out.

alright.gif

I'm so sorry!

I remember when we met you went on and on about your sweet little Beula.
hit.gif

If I had a trap, I'd lend it to you. If you do get a trap and catch some mangy coon, Adam and I will shoot it for you. We are out of city limits so we can discharge firearms.

I am so sorry. I know it hurts loosing those birds that are extra special. It was an accident and they happen.
sad.png
hugs.gif

Quote:
Let us know what you catch. Good hunting.

Still gotta get a trap for that darn bobcat that killed my goose.
hmm.png

Don't be too hard on your partner, accidents happen.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom