ToTW = fat dog?

can someone tell me what ToTW is???? I have a Saint/KS that needs to gain a bit of weight though the daily dose of eggs have worked a little bit he needs a lot more on.

I have 3 cats and use TOTW. One is older than dirt and has trouble eating crunchies, so we now give her grain-free wet food too. She is a stick. Our young male is happy, healthy and nothing but muscle. He is thriving. Our other cat is 14 and is fat, but she used to be much fatter on cheap corn based food. While TOTW has helped, we suspect some underlying metabolic issue with her.

Quote:
She is perpetually starving if you could ask her. She is a resuce dog and will graze counters if there is anything to get. Once she got a dozen eggs, loaves of bread, etc. Besides bad alllergies she has always been healthy. We got her when she was 4 ( 3rd home) and think she was starved and abused. She weigh 60 lbs when we got her. She is around 12 now.

If nothing else I keep my kitchen counters cleaned off to keep her from over-eating
roll.png

Either you can switch to the lower % protein, the Pacific Stream, or you can reduce the amount again.
Try feeding maybe 2 cups a day?

Last edited:
Quote:
The older dog is the one getting fat. I feed her about 3 cups per day. The other dogs are maintaining a good weight or gaining well (puppies)

I am pretty sure Pcific stream is the one I bought. It was a yellow/coral colored bag if I am remembering correctly.

thanks guys...I do not believe that is available here in Canada or it might be and I am not searching good enough for it. it sounds like a good brand of dog food!!

Quote:
The older dog is the one getting fat. I feed her about 3 cups per day. The other dogs are maintaining a good weight or gaining well (puppies)

I am pretty sure Pcific stream is the one I bought. It was a yellow/coral colored bag if I am remembering correctly.

That's not the Pacific Steam. That's the High Prarie formula Pacific Stream is blue and white. The one you're feeding is too high of a protein for her, so you may want to way back on the amount she is getting. We fed the Wetlands formula for about 2 months to Katie and she did wonderfuly on it. We've now switched to the Pacific Stream as she was putting on a bit too much weight. Less protein, but seem just right for her even though she is a puppy (9month) She is38lbs and is about as high as I want her to go.

Back
Top Bottom