TOTW Problems?

Yes, I knew it was made by Diamond...after their fiasco of a few years back I've figured their quality control is probably as good as I'm gonna find with any company. I get mine usually at TSC too, but I'm in the central part of Kansas so mine's more than likely from a different plant.

Have y'all tried offering some other sort of food to see if they will eat something? I usually do TOTW but switched back to Purina One Sensitive Formula to see if it worked as well.

Good luck to you both. It's scary when the dogs are off.
sad.png

Uh Oh. Mine are eating the Wetlands Formula. I haven't noticed any difference, but we are almost finished with the bag. Maybe I should go back to 4health for a while. You know what amazes me? I have never seen a recall from Purina, Kibbles and Bits, Pedigree, or any of the other low-quality brands. But the higher-quality brands seem to always get recalled. Go figure.
roll.png

Quote:
Yes people have said it before on here. I am feeding large breed puppy diamond.

Wonder if i should just switch to large breed adult Diamond?
Gah! This dog food stuff has been driving me nuts for months now! Then i finally made a decision and switched to TOTW..
*sigh*

Ive been feeding it since March now since our saint came home. I am on the coast too so I doubt we are getting the same as you guys. Will they eat anything else? Make up some meat and veggies and see if they will eat that. Get them feeling better and try it again before throwing it out?

I won't feed any Diamond foods to my pets. I use Orijen, a grain free diet from Canada now. I used to feed EVO but Proctor and Gamble bought them out--darn them.
barnie.gif
I have an athletic Belgian Malinois and she needs the quality proteins. I never want to feed dead, downed, dying or euthanized pets to my own pets.

If you are interested here is Orijen's web page http://www.orijen.ca/orijen/products/

Quote:
Are you implying Diamond puts dead, downed, dying, or euthanized pets in the dog feed they sell? There is not a store close to me not within a reasonable distance to buy Orijen.

Quote:
Are you implying Diamond puts dead, downed, dying, or euthanized pets in the dog feed they sell? There is not a store close to me not within a reasonable distance to buy Orijen.

I doubt that that's the case.
roll.png

Not implying Diamond or Proctor and Gamble do it themselves but it is sometimes purchased by the larger pet food companies as it is cheap protein. Rendering companies mix "unnamed" animal by-products and protein and sell to the food companies as it is cheap. This is why you should always buy pet foods with specific proteins such as chicken, beef, lamb, etc. and no by products. There are some by-products that are better than others but you don't know which is in the food you buy.

I just want to know where all the ingredients come from and if any preservatives are used (preferrably none as most are toxic) and it to be made in a clean, private plant. I am also assured a good quality product since it is rated human grade and the great majority of pet foods are not human grade. The fact it is sustainable is a nice bonus. You can't even get that at McDonalds!

Back
Top Bottom