Tough Alaskan Chickens!

frostbite

Songster
8 Years
Sep 27, 2011
Fairbanks, Alaska

This picture was taken at about 10 degrees above zero. They don't care, if there isn't fresh snow on the ground, and they can get scratch, they will be brave!

Merry Christmas, everyone. By then, the days will be starting to get longer again...

That's three of my hens, Fat Albert, Wyatt, and Inspector Sussex of the Yard on the ground, Buffy the Vampire Slayer on the Ramp.
Chickbert is indoors still with the rooster, Chaucer the Chantecler, (I have no idea what they're doing, and really don't want to know)

This picture was taken at about 10 degrees above zero. They don't care, if there isn't fresh snow on the ground, and they can get scratch, they will be brave!

Merry Christmas, everyone. By then, the days will be starting to get longer again...

That's three of my hens, Fat Albert, Wyatt, and Inspector Sussex of the Yard on the ground, Buffy the Vampire Slayer on the Ramp.
Chickbert is indoors still with the rooster, Chaucer the Chantecler, (I have no idea what they're doing, and really don't want to know)
They ARE brave! Gorgeous pic! I am in love with snow. Our 9 chickens were quite mystified by the one snow we got so far - they scooted carefully around the edges of the house and coop where the eaves kept the snow away :)

We don't get much snow here in North Central Texas but my girls will stand outside in a pouring rain like
nothing is happening doing there chicken scratching thing...funny animals

Back
Top Bottom