Toulouse Geese Thread

This is my daughters gosling. We were told she is a toluse....would you all agree?

The first pic is of her when we got her 2 weeks ago.

This 2nd pic was taken today 4/8/16.
I could be wrong because I haven't raised any Toulouse since I was a kid, but I think that might be an African.

Crud...she might be a Chinese then, the feed store only had white Chinese, standard Chinese and Toulouse....but he swore this was a Toulouse.... Maaan....shucks!
Most stores only carry African, Chinese, and White Embdens these days. If you want Toulouse your best bet is to look for someone selling them on Craigslist or some other classifieds or order from a hatchery. If you got it from a chain store like Tractor Supply or Atwoods, it's most likely not a Toulouse. Also, if the goslings aren't in a labeled cage or brooder, I wouldn't rely on store employees to identify a breed for you. A lot of times they can't tell the difference. Toulouse are a great breed to raise as pets though.

Last edited:
This is my daughters gosling. We were told she is a toluse....would you all agree?

The first pic is of her when we got her 2 weeks ago.

This 2nd pic was taken today 4/8/16.

It's Toulouse, you can see the beak in the second picture discolouring.
The first picture does look like an African or Chinese but it's definitely Toulouse ;)

Toulouse, and who knows, possibly has Chinese or African mix, it doesn't look exactly like my Toulouse did, a little longer neck and a little skinnier,?? Does anyone else see what I'm seeing?

Toulouse, and who knows, possibly has Chinese or African mix, it doesn't look exactly like my Toulouse did, a little longer neck and a little skinnier,?? Does anyone else see what I'm seeing?

Actually yes I was thinking that too.
That gosling in the first picture looks both Chinese and Toulouse.
Second pic starts to look like a Toulouse

Back
Top Bottom