Toulouse Geese Thread

Pics
The one in the sink is mine - Trina in her bath this morning.
The two in front of the other picture are yours. Mine has a band on her leg so I can tell them apart hehe
They are so lively and just wonderful! My husband wants me to go buy a bunch more lol
And you should get at least one more for Trina she is going to be so sad when you take her buddies away, Congrats Fuzzybird on the new goslings, they are adorable..

And you should get at least one more for Trina she is going to be so sad when you take her buddies away, Congrats Fuzzybird on the new goslings, they are adorable..
That's what my husband said. But I am getting goose hatching eggs next week. Do you think she would be ok waiting until they hatch? I just don't have the room for more than a pair of geese

That's what my husband said. But I am getting goose hatching eggs next week. Do you think she would be ok waiting until they hatch? I just don't have the room for more than a pair of geese
She's probably be fine till then but shes sure going to want alot of attention, especially after being with these goslings. when you hatch out your new babies you'll have to introduce slowly because she will be much larger and they will be tiny and fragile.

Miss Lydia - or any other goose expert - how many girls should I have for two ganders? Will two do? Would three be a bad number? I would prefer two, myself... Wasn't gonna add to the geese, as one gander is "duck-centric" and the other is helping a broody chicken momma with her chicks. But... I just love Toulouse and would like my boys to be hppy.

I am considering ordering a couple of sexed geese girl goslings for 'em. Maybe.

Miss Lydia - or any other goose expert - how many girls should I have for two ganders? Will two do? Would three be a bad number? I would prefer two, myself... Wasn't gonna add to the geese, as one gander is "duck-centric" and the other is helping a broody chicken momma with her chicks. But... I just love Toulouse and would like my boys to be hppy.

I am considering ordering a couple of sexed geese girl goslings for 'em. Maybe.
Hey, I'd go for 2 but they woud probably be happy with 1 each, May take them a while to warm up to her, it did my gander he thought he was just an extra tall duck. That is so sweet how they take on the role of papa goose.
love.gif
Just remember during mating season you'll probably have to keep them separated by pairs because them boys can get greedy and think they are suppose to have all the girls to themselves.

How long until they are actually somewhat capable of eating grasses? Mine are 4 days old. They eat grass if it's chopped fine, but they can't seem to eat grass while outside.
Might depend on the size of the blade of grass, I grow perennial rye and it's a fine blade I think that might make a difference.

I'm not sure what our's is, but it's extremely fine. Not like blades of grass, but like pins, and very soft.
Probably won't be long till they'll be chomping on it. at 4 days thats still pretty young for catching on to what to eat. They'll get the hang of it soon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom