Toulouse Geese Thread

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Miss Lydia, Aug 17, 2012.

1. kukupecpec

kukupecpec Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Tucson AZ
    I'm so glad they are loving it!!! Trina misses them, but I made her a diaper last night so she gets to spend every second I'm home hanging out with the people ha. Will get a pic ASAP

2. Fuzzybird

Fuzzybird Chillin' With My Peeps

Kuku do you have a hatch date on the goslings?

3. kukupecpec

Aug 24, 2012
    Tucson AZ
    The feed store wasn't sure when I bought them. They came in on Friday the 19th and they usually ship them the day they hatch right? I would bet they hatched no later than the 17th.

4. kukupecpec

Aug 24, 2012
    Tucson AZ
    Here she is!!!
    This is a diaper that I made from my version of a diaper I ordered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. RURU

RURU Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    What a cute diaper for your gosling.... Looks like it can grow with her for awhile....

6. kukupecpec

Aug 24, 2012
    Tucson AZ
    That's the hope!!! It's a genius design! I just added waterproof diaper fabric as lining and switched around the strap a little. I can't decide yet if I like it with or without the waterproof lining in the butt. It makes for great panty liner sticking AND easy peal off. Also easy clean up if any of the poop spills off the panty liner. Makes it a little stiffer and more expensive though.

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

That is adorable and what a nice design

8. Fuzzybird

That is just great Kuku! Does the poor thing walk OK? I put down hatch date on Jon Luke and Josephine for the 17th of April. They are both doing great. Taking walks with Les and I around the ranch. We sit with them for awhile in the evening just before sundown and see them to bed, with a kiss mind you![​IMG]

9. kukupecpec

Aug 24, 2012
    Tucson AZ
    Yeah she walks great! She has a little trouble getting up and moving on the tile, but once she gets going, or if she's on a less slippery floor she doesn't even notice the diaper.

10. Fuzzybird

Want my babies to grow up good citizen geese. It is so endearing to hold them and they nibble on fingers ,eye glasses, noses and cloths even my hubby's beard but wonder if we are letting them do stuff you that wouldn't be so cute later? One cute thing is Josephine stretches her neck out and puts in under Les' neck for a little nap. I gotta get a picture of that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by