Toulouse Geese Thread

Pics
I haven't met a duckling or gosling yet that could refuse mealworms.

You can also put a few pieces of grass(small, clipped) or a little bit of oats(Quaker or equivalent) in the water dish. It should attract her to the water. You could also get some Save-a-Chick Probiotic and Vitamins and Electrolytes. Empty both little pouches into one gallon of water. If you are using a smaller container, just break it down. It wouldn't hurt since she is little and learning to drink. Do you have someone over there that can teach her(another bird), that is if they will not be offended. Let us know how it's going!

January

Josephine and Jon Luke doing what goslings do and having a ball! They had to help me water but first had to check out the yummy grass. Then they found a pond [watering my little Christmas tree]! Then a nice walk with daddy Les and Murphy to dry off. They were tired little goose goose's when they were put back in their pen.

I have a question. I can tell Jon Luke from Josephine by the fact that he has a bit of rustyness on his head. But if he looses that how will I tell them apart? Do the ganders look different from the goose in this breed when they get older?

Yes they are beautiful birds, and anybody lucky enough to own them have to be in seventh heaven. I know I will be when I get mine.

OK, Maybe ,but there has to be some differences between Gander and Goose?
big_smile.png

Gerdie finally laid another egg, after a 2 month break!
Isn't that amazing, Is she home and settled in now? maybe that has something to do with it,
And Missy laid her last egg on APRIL 22nd until today she laid # 41 I had it for supper. I thought for sure she was through.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom