Toulouse Geese Thread

No it's a toy for human children, and the website states that it's a child's toy that is safe for geese. It's unconventional and sure to raise some eyebrows, but it is recommended by people who have a lot of experience raising indoor pet geese.

Piper is under a year and with the weather being so bad and them having to stay In so much this Winter she has pulled a good deal of the Refletx insulation off of the barn walls.
I've been wondering what I could give her do do and had been thinking about parrot toys. They are pricey but might be able to find some deals over the Summer in time for Winter.
Cute video but for some reason I don't think that toy would last too long with an adult goose.

Linda,
Reebok, Oliver and Piper.

Thanks I will do this
1f603.png

Hello everybody,

My name is Simas, I'm a young-not so expierenced chicken (and for a little time-goose) breeder from Lithuania. I found article on Dewlap Toulouse incubation and hatching written by pete55, it was by far best info I've found on Toulouse egg incubation specialities. and that bring me here.

So, I have 15 Tououse and 61 Kholmogory (or Cholmogory) eggs in the incubators now for 6 days, tommorow will be candling day. nervous about that... I have lots of questions about incubation, but now it is too late, I did not start with dry incubation, the humidity is set to 50-55%. So the main reason I'm writing is to ask you about fertility - how to increase it without artificial insemination?

Our family of Toulouses is 1+2, of course one of the geese is more loved than the other. Last incubation was: 2 fertile of 9, 1 out of 2 died in the process of incubation, other one is still ok. Geese are one year old and laying pretty good. They have huge territory, sometimes they travel about 1km from their place, which is really not so good, when we live in the forest. there is 2 lakes and one little one for them to wash and swim and mate, good grass is also available. what can I do to increase the fertility? male is not fat. I feed them with: wheat, oat, corn and compound feed I use for chickens. I also add special shells and minerals.

I hope you will have time to answer my questions.
P.S. another question.. In what year I can identify my Toulouses if they are production standart or dewlap? next time I will attach you a photo.

Hello everybody,

My name is Simas, I'm a young-not so expierenced chicken (and for a little time-goose) breeder from Lithuania. I found article on Dewlap Toulouse incubation and hatching written by pete55, it was by far best info I've found on Toulouse egg incubation specialities. and that bring me here.

So, I have 15 Tououse and 61 Kholmogory (or Cholmogory) eggs in the incubators now for 6 days, tommorow will be candling day. nervous about that... I have lots of questions about incubation, but now it is too late, I did not start with dry incubation, the humidity is set to 50-55%. So the main reason I'm writing is to ask you about fertility - how to increase it without artificial insemination?

Our family of Toulouses is 1+2, of course one of the geese is more loved than the other. Last incubation was: 2 fertile of 9, 1 out of 2 died in the process of incubation, other one is still ok. Geese are one year old and laying pretty good. They have huge territory, sometimes they travel about 1km from their place, which is really not so good, when we live in the forest. there is 2 lakes and one little one for them to wash and swim and mate, good grass is also available. what can I do to increase the fertility? male is not fat. I feed them with: wheat, oat, corn and compound feed I use for chickens. I also add special shells and minerals.

I hope you will have time to answer my questions.
P.S. another question.. In what year I can identify my Toulouses if they are production standart or dewlap? next time I will attach you a photo.
Hi and Welcome to BYC.. have you been on this thread yet? https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/716980/buff-dewlap-toulouse-thread I am going to ask psue to reply to your post since she has Dewlaps I don't I have production Toulouse Sounds like if you get all to hatch your going to have alot of goslings and not sure what Kholmogory are?

Yes, I've been on that thread, but did not have time to read through everything. still I'm guesing I have Dewlaps. Kholmogory (or cholmogory goose) is rare russian breed. try searching google with "cholmogory" or "Холмого́ры гусь", if you speak or know someone who does speak russian-you will find plenty information.

I would gradually bring your humidity down. As for fertility you are correct in that it has to be addressed before breeding season. Good nutrition is the key. Grass is a vital part of a goose diet.. I would be careful of how much other feed to allow them to eat.

The grey geese in the first two pictures are production Toulouse.

this is a young Dewlap Toulouse.

Back
Top Bottom