• Do it anyways

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Follow town rules

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Or keep asking and digging to they say yes

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I Have 9 acres within the city limits of a small town. I initially bought 1.6, but then had the opportunity to buy an adjoining 7.5. The interesting thing is that my original 1.6 is zoned residential and the 7.5is zoned agricultural.
I got my chickens without ever asking (forgiveness is often easier obtained than permission) but later found out that they are not allowed in residentially zoned areas. The city administrator told me as long as the coop is on the agriculturally zoned property I am fine, it doesn't matter if the chickens wander into the residentially zoned property. They cant force me to divide my own property with a fence, and the chickens cant read a no trespassing sign!
Missouri has a state wide Right to Farm law....but it was pretty recently passed. I havent had time to see if the local ordinance pre-dates that or has been updated to conform.
I suppose one option, if all else fails, is to fully avail yourself of the American legal system and get yourself elected to the town council and push through new ordinance...

Back
Top Bottom