Toxin in geese.

donkeydew2farms

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 12, 2014
Ok my ganda got in to something he acted like he had a stroke.thanks to this forum I got the flush recipe he is getting better he still falls over but I have to supervise him when we go for a walk if he falls over on his back he can't get up. His wing is still drooped he has good appetite also I have been giving him vit. B.my question is how long is the recovery time will he be normal. Right now he is in the house it has been in the high 90s. Thanks. Oh I think it was bad water bad me. I feel bad about this. 20190917_074317.jpg

What grass ha we had no rain for 2 months. I feed nutrina 16 percent layer. Should I give him more protein . Also peas corn some lettuce and hay. Did get him out this morning hard to do when you work. I wish I was retired .

I think while he’s recouping I’d feed another feed besides layer. Maybe switch them all to an all flock you can mix the layer into it to use it all up but ganders don’t need the extra calcium in the layer feed.

thanks after reading your post I went to TSC got some all flock had to get purina and it was crumbles. I feed pellets I fine they don't waste it. I have chickens and 2 ducks that lay it was easier to use one feed but I going to have to change . the geese will have to go on all flock . Nutriena has and all flock but it is 40 # and more expensive then there layer . This TSC when they run out they wont order more until a week later. they push the Dumur brand I don't like it. I have to say I got home and beaver was on his back stuck I don't know how long but his water bowl was still clean poor baby. also I had to treat him for gape worm I ended up going to the vets and they gave me panacur did it for five days and will repeat in 2 weeks. panacur kills the adults but not the eggs. I notice one I my young one gaping breathing harder then she should of so I pen her up with her buddies what a feat . had some safeguard paste gave them some orally. if one has gape I am sure they all have it. I even tried to drop off stool samples at the vet mind you they do large animals as well as small . they call me they cant do it I have to take it some were else GRRR. I am going to get some safe guard goat wormer 14 geese to many to get each one and do oral I have these long scratches on my legs and fell twice in the mud . I need to put it in the food or water. ha long winded thanks. j

thanks he seems to be no worse for ware . I wonder if the gape worm lowered his immune system that's why he was effected by what ever he drank or ate. no one else got sick. at least it started to rain today I am doing the happy dance. I am going to feed all flock to the geese and they have free choice oyster shells . the chicken don't free range any more so they will still get layer. I hate using two different brands. my donkeys get nutrient horse feed also it is a good brand.

thanks he seems to be no worse for ware . I wonder if the gape worm lowered his immune system that's why he was effected by what ever he drank or ate. no one else got sick. at least it started to rain today I am doing the happy dance. I am going to feed all flock to the geese and they have free choice oyster shells . the chicken don't free range any more so they will still get layer. I hate using two different brands. my donkeys get nutrient horse feed also it is a good brand.

Back
Top Bottom