Toys for ducks? Entertainment for me! What do your ducks play with?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Azd1292, May 24, 2011.

1. Azd1292

Azd1292 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Today I found some bird toys at the store for 2.00 basically they are shoes strings with some large balls tied on them. They love them! Its so funny to watch them play with them. They are still inside at night until I get the pen completed so it entertains them and us in the evenings! What are some other things your ducks like to play with?

2. JP101010

JP101010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Live Feeder fish in a Kiddie Pool Is my Crested Pekin Clyde's Favorite Play Session [​IMG] Other than that i would be interested to see what other duck owners come up with....

3. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    lol my girls like feeder fish too.. my ducks like to play with shoes too

4. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    I throw peas in my ducks pool for them to dive for. They also like to act like they are terrified and run from my teeny silkie/game hen. Need to get them some goldfish soon, think that would be fun to watch. Great thread idea!

5. stargazingmommy

stargazingmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    Quote:I threw chunks of watermelon in their pool last night. was almost as much fun as the peas

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I had a buff mutt that would play with cat toys as a baby. She out grew it fast though. Peas and watermelon are alway popular.

7. smromkey

smromkey Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2013
    Kissimmee, Fl
    I throw frozen peas, some days minos. Minos entertain them longer.They have a game they play on their own, were they get in the pool splash around, jump out, race each other, turn around, get back in the pool and start all over again. Lol

8. chcknwhisperer

chcknwhisperer Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2017
    Nowhere, IN
    My Coop
    Where can I find a toy like that? The ball with the shoestring?

9. Henrik Petersson

Henrik Petersson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Karlskrona, Sweden
    What fish can they eat that are really cheap and easy to come by?

10. Niche Flock

Niche Flock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2017
    I know that petsmart sells feeder goldfish and they are really inexpensive. Is it bad that I would feel bad about buying dish to feed to my ducks?? I am going to stick to peas in their kiddie pool and dried meal worms. Meal worms tend to be expensive but they are a wonderful duck treat!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by