Track for guillotine pop door

Leigti

Crowing
7 Years
Oct 22, 2015
Walla Walla WA
Hello, I plan to install a guillotine style pop door. I'm going to use it with an automatic door opener. I have a 1/4 inch thick plastic cutting board that I plan to use for the door. My problem is I don't know how to make a track. I realize this is pretty easy for a lot of people but I am not handy, don't have a lot of tools, and don't really know what to do.
So my question is, can somebody give me a very basic step-by-step instructions, pictures are welcome to :), on how to construct a track for this door. Thank you for any suggestions.

Go to lowes or home depot and look by the lattice panels, they have 8' sections of stuff to cover the edges.  Cut to size.  Screw to door opening.  Insert cutting board.  Done.

Gary

Thank you! It's nice to have some sort of idea of where to start when you walk into a Home Depot.

Something like this? How do I screw it into a board without making the channel collapse?

You don’t want something in that channel to snag the door as it is closing. Be aware of screws and screw heads when attaching the channel, you don’t want to create places where it can get caught.

I use wood doors instead of plastic and make my channels like Pats, using two different widths of wood. I also clip the corners of the doors (actually sand the wood so it is really smooth). Cut it off like a triangle at the bottom corners so it is more likely to slide over any rough spots. Just taper it a little and make sure it is smooth.

I think the channel made out of two pieces of wood is going to be the easiest. Since it's going to be on an automatic door opener it can't hang up on anything.

Back
Top Bottom