Tracks by coop

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Pineywoods Peepers, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Pineywoods Peepers

Pineywoods Peepers Certified Poultry Accruer

Anyone want to take a gander at these tracks and guess what they are? They were at the door of my coop. I noticed them yesterday morning when I went to open the popdoor and let the peepers out. I'm thinking they're probably bobcat tracks, but I may just be thinking that because my brother-in-law and sister-in-law (our next door neighbors) saw one in their yard last week.

I looked all over the yard and around the pen to see if I saw any more tracks like this, but these three were the only ones I found. Not sure how it managed to get all the way to the coop door without leaving any other tracks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    My first thoughts was bobcat also. Trap it with a#4 steel trap shoot it & mount it . Heres one I trapped at Lake Houston.[​IMG]

3. Pineywoods Peepers

Pineywoods Peepers Certified Poultry Accruer

A friend of my brother's is supposed to come out in the morning and set out some traps for the bobcat and coyotes. Hope they catch em all! [​IMG]

Nice mount btw. Don't think I'll spend the dough on a mount because I need it for chicken food and another coop! [​IMG]

4. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    They dont look like bobcay tracks to me the toes are too long an the pad dont look like a bobcat. But hard for me to see from the pic.

Daren

5. Caincando1

Caincando1 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2009
    Dodge Center MN
    Those look like good old racoon tracks to me. You can see the elongated toes in second picture. The soft sand makes the tracks look begger than their feet really are. If that was a bobcat the tracks would be MUCH bigger.

6. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    I'm certainly no expert, but I think they belong to a raccoon.

ETA: Whatever it is has a thumb.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  7. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    I agree with last two posts. I could tell it was no cat track. But again i am tring to look at it from a phone.

8. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I believe it's a coon track as well.

9. chickendude

chickendude Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    I think they are opossum tracks.
    [​IMG]

10. noodleroo