Tractor supply ASIAN chicks

It's definitely not about dishonesty -- the hatcheries didn't always label the boxes of pullets in the past, so stores didn't want to guess what they had and be wrong. The hatcheries are now labeling everything and the stores have been given TONS of breed signs.

If you can tell me which TSC store you saw the signs not match the box, the TSC team can reach out to them and remind them to double-check all the breed signs they have.

My store is not a Tractor supply store.
I am sorry you are not able to help ALL feed stores.
No matter how many times I have brought these issues to the attention of my particular feed store...they simple do nothing about it.

Because of MY issue with signs/breeds at MY local feed store, I have never again bought any chicks from any feed store.
If what you are saying...what I am gathering from your posts....All tractor supply stores DO label their breeds correctly I may just have to make a trip to my nearest Tractor Supply store and check out the babies...may even be willing to pick up a couple.....BUT let me ask you this...Do "your" stores carry only straight run chicks?

Glad to hear people do fix these type issues..
But I am pretty sure they can not fix my feed store sign/breed issue.
It is not a TSC store.

Tiffany Cole Henline Bummer! Do you have any suggestions for finding chicks in the Uintah Basin, besides IFA or Cal Ranch?
March 3 at 8:57am

Desert Springs Farms High Desert Garden in Duchesne orders their chicks from Dunlap Hatchery, which has not had any cases of chicken diseases that I know of. Anybody who carries chicks brought in by Privett Hatchery I'd be concerned. That hatchery had sported several diseases for which they've been temporarily closed. IFA and Cal Ranch normally use them due to the very cheap wholesale price. Good luck
1f60a.png
!!
March 4 at 1:30pm

READ the above about Privett Hatchery....
I need to get offline but I will be looking into how "real" this statement could be when I have a few minutes.

OK, sorry -- it sounded like you were talking about TSC. Good to hear it's not. Thanks for clearing that up.

My store is not a Tractor supply store.
I am sorry you are not able to help ALL feed stores.
No matter how many times I have brought these issues to the attention of my particular feed store...they simple do nothing about it.

Because of MY issue with signs/breeds at MY local feed store, I have never again bought any chicks from any feed store.
If what you are saying...what I am gathering from your posts....All tractor supply stores DO label their breeds correctly I may just have to make a trip to my nearest Tractor Supply store and check out the babies...may even be willing to pick up a couple.....BUT let me ask you this...Do "your" stores carry only straight run chicks?

No, TSC stores carry a variety of pullets, too. New shipments come every week now thru end of April :)

TSC also has pullets and straight runs online now! 20-25 breeds to choose from: http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/catalog/poultry/poultry-supplies/live-baby-chicks-ducks---turkeys

Can you tell which store you shop at so the team can reach out to them? They have about 100000 breeds signs to choose from, so they should never have an issue getting the right one up, ha.

I can, TSC in Madison In. They are very nice people working there but they have said themselves they dont have all the signs.

So what are the chicks by OP ? Asian or barred rock ?

They should have every sign :) A STACK of signs, ha. They even have blank signs to write in any rare breeds they get.

Wanted to say I've been VERY impressed as to how TSC handles and cares for chicks & lings- they always have fresh water, feed, clean pens, and appropriate heating. They appear healthy and employees handle them gently.

The signs up saying poultry were not presents made me happy too. :thumbsup

Wanted to say I've been VERY impressed as to how TSC handles and cares for chicks & lings- they always have fresh water, feed, clean pens, and appropriate heating. They appear healthy and employees handle them gently.

The signs up saying poultry were not presents made me happy too.
thumbsup.gif

x2 , was impressed with that. and the corral they put up. Keeps little fingers out.

How about 10? :) :) http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/assorted-polish-live-chicken
They ship Tuesdays and come right to your post office!

Does the price include shipping? Sorry if it said something about that and I missed it.

I'd love to get some fancy breeds, but I only want one or two of each breed... Mebbe I'll get lucky and my store will have more than RSL and silkies this year. :fl

x2 , was impressed with that. and the corral they put up.  Keeps little fingers out. 

Yes, it made me feel like I wasn't risking flock biosecurity by bringing chicks home.

Back
Top Bottom