What type of Maran is this?

Apr 3, 2022
So I just got this chick from tractor supply and they had her labeled as a maran but no more specifics I’m just wondering if anyone can tell me what her coloring will be when fully feathered?

IMG_1255.jpeg
IMG_1258.jpeg

I have a girl who is a mix idk what she is but i am thinking

midnight majesty and then something with a poof on top of the head and on the bottom of the head

Attachments

• IMG_5074.jpg
    IMG_5074.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 11
What color are its feet in real life? They look sort of orange to me in the picture. A full Marans will have pink and slate color on its legs and toes. If it has orange or yellow legs it is a hybrid of some sort.

I, too, got some Tractor Supply marans! Mine have more black on them, but they do look like Black Copper Marans to me. Went in to get chicken food for our bantams/silkies, came out with 6 new chicks. I only wanted three (we have a coop of big chickens as well), but apparently it's a state law that you have to get at least 6.

ETA: Mine do have the pink & gray feet
So I just got this chick from tractor supply and they had her labeled as a maran but no more specifics I’m just wondering if anyone can tell me what her coloring will be when fully feathered?

View attachment 3766072View attachment 3766071

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom