Tractor Supply Chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It may not help everyone, but if you are in/close to the Lubbock area, HFC (finally) got their chick order in. They have white leghorns, buff orps, and RIR. Chicks are from Cackle. I will try and talk to the ordering guy on Thurs or Fri to see if they will be getting anything else.

I have been waiting for them to get in some Buff Orpingtons as well, but for the past 3 weeks they haven't had what I've wanted
barnie.gif
Even some RIR's or Barred rocks would work! But for some reason they don't seem to carry the ones I want. Same thing happened last year...I think they should have a form that allows people to vote on the next breed of chicken they should order.
wink.png

Update: none of the stores in a 50 mile radius have Buff Orpingtons...but they do have Barred rock and RIR's. What do I do? I want to get all the chicks together and I NEED to have Buff Orps.
I guess I'll just wait and hope they have them next week
fl.gif

You should try giving Destiny Farm in Howell a call and see if Mike and Joanie have any buffs hatching out soon.

Our local TSC will order any breed you want if you pay up front for all 50 of them. Their reasoning is if you want a breed they don't already get, they may not be able to sell the extras you leave at the store.

Something else stupid they do????? They only sell their chicks in groups of 6. You cannot buy 8 chicks or 10 chicks! Groups of 6 ONLY! So you leave the store with 6, 12 or 18 chicks. Unless you are me since I will never buy chicks from them again.

Oh, want a rare breed chicken? They had green laced wyandottes this year. ROFLMAO

6 chick minimum. You can buy 7. Or 9, etc. Just no fewer than 6.

You guys are missing the point. The local TSC DOESNT do it that way. The lady told the clerk she wanted 3 each of leghorns, comets and black stars. That is 9 chicks. They told her they only sell them in groups of 6. I was there, I saw it happen.

I was trying to illustrate the level of intelligence of the sales clerks.

No, I am not kidding, at my local TSC only in multiples of 6. I tried to explain that other TSC stores in our area sell a minimum of 6. They cannot understand the principle.

I can go down the street and buy whatever number of chicks I want.

Wow, that makes no sense. I can understand the minimum of 6, but if someone wants 7, what's wrong with that? That sounds very odd to me.

The sign actually says a minimum of 6. The lady and I both tried to explain that to them. They INSISTED we were wrong. We looked at each other and I said go up the block, mom&pop feed store you what you want.

Another reason to NOT buy chicks at TSC.

I went to out local TSC yesterday....they had Sussex... Which I've been wanting.... I was so disappointed when they told me I had to buy 6..... They guy said it's the first time they've ever gotten those... :( They were straight runs

So, I was looking at the special order form that TSC here has. It looks like there is a minimum order of 25 for chicks...

We really want to get some Buff Orpingtons, and I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in some of them? We only need 6 pullets. :/ They had told us the other day when we talked to them that they could order any number for us, just as long as it was a minimum of 6. We still have to confirm this in store, and will be Friday. However, if there is a larger minimum order, is there anyone near Charlottesville that would be interested in buying some of them?

You guys are missing the point. The local TSC DOESNT do it that way. The lady told the clerk she wanted 3 each of leghorns, comets and black stars. That is 9 chicks. They told her they only sell them in groups of 6. I was there, I saw it happen.

I was trying to illustrate the level of intelligence of the sales clerks.

Next time, get the manager. And if that doesn't fix it, email/call corporate......

So, I was looking at the special order form that TSC here has. It looks like there is a minimum order of 25 for chicks...

We really want to get some Buff Orpingtons, and I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in some of them? We only need 6 pullets. :/ They had told us the other day when we talked to them that they could order any number for us, just as long as it was a minimum of 6. We still have to confirm this in store, and will be Friday. However, if there is a larger minimum order, is there anyone near Charlottesville that would be interested in buying some of them?

if you are interested in taking a little ride, Leggett Town and Country in Danville va has buff orpingtons, they will sell as few as 6, I just bought 6 Monday night.

Back
Top Bottom