Tractor Supply Chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SilkieChickenLover336, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Use the "contact us" link and ask them. :)

2. JadedPhoenix

JadedPhoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2012
    Tyro-Lexington, NC
    I sent a message as soon as I was told who TSC gets their chicks from. IF I get a response I'll post it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014

3. Good luck! While playing "guess my breed" is fun to a degree, it can also be a royal pain. ....

4. QuailGuy88

QuailGuy88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2011
    Clinton twp, Michigan
    I have been waiting for them to get in some Buff Orpingtons as well, but for the past 3 weeks they haven't had what I've wanted[​IMG]Even some RIR's or Barred rocks would work! But for some reason they don't seem to carry the ones I want. Same thing happened last year...I think they should have a form that allows people to vote on the next breed of chicken they should order.[​IMG]

Update: none of the stores in a 50 mile radius have Buff Orpingtons...but they do have Barred rock and RIR's. What do I do? I want to get all the chicks together and I NEED to have Buff Orps.
    I guess I'll just wait and hope they have them next week[​IMG]

5. Tappy4me

Tappy4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Virginia
    Ours said they can do a special order for us. If they don't have any by Friday were going ti have them order some :)

6. Shortperson2002

Shortperson2002 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2014
    Nc
    We went in looking for ameraucana and only wanted two. Tsc told us that it was a 6 chick purchase minimum. So my little one picked out 6 of his favorites. Our tsc has them in big bins surrounded by gates, so there is no way to handle them. After a few days of them being in the brooder we realized how unfriendly these ameraucana chicks are; we got 2 buffs, 2 barred, and 2 white leghorns two weeks prior at a feed store and are as sweet as can be. one lady at tsc that was helping us had no clue about the chickens and even told a lady that she didn't know what any of the breeds were even though there we signs on the bins. At one point she argued with her that there were no ameraucanas even though thats what was supposefly in the marked bin. A day after getting the chicks I called to see if my chicks were vaccinated, first person I spoke to had no clue. Later that day I called to speak to someone else and she "thought" they were vaccinated and told me not to worry about any special feed. No one there had a clue about the breeds, or vaccinations.

After reading everyone's comments I'm starting to wonder if we really did get ameraucanas.

From here on out we are only purchasing chicks from local places.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  7. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

You got Easter eggers.

8. enola

Our local TSC will order any breed you want if you pay up front for all 50 of them. Their reasoning is if you want a breed they don't already get, they may not be able to sell the extras you leave at the store.

Something else stupid they do????? They only sell their chicks in groups of 6. You cannot buy 8 chicks or 10 chicks! Groups of 6 ONLY! So you leave the store with 6, 12 or 18 chicks. Unless you are me since I will never buy chicks from them again.

Oh, want a rare breed chicken? They had green laced wyandottes this year. ROFLMAO

9. JadedPhoenix

JadedPhoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2012
    Tyro-Lexington, NC
    Actually, you can get multiples other than six. Six is just the minimum. You can get seven, eight, nine, thirty-three. At least at every tsc I've ever been to.

10. enola

No, I am not kidding, at my local TSC only in multiples of 6. I tried to explain that other TSC stores in our area sell a minimum of 6. They cannot understand the principle.

I can go down the street and buy whatever number of chicks I want.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by