Tractor Supply Chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went to our local Tractor Supply today and I was very disappointed!! The people working there were RUDE! You have to buy at least 6 and I only wanted two more( have2 at home). Wouldn't sell me 2.
I bought my feed and grit and hen treats but I will not be back.
Went to a local feed store and bought 2 rhode island red pullets. Was very happy with the friendliness of the store!
In this economy you'd think people would try to earn your repeat business!
Anyhow- in my book locally owned is nicer. Good luck! :)

Our local TSC (La Porte, IN) has red pullets, barred rock pullets, Buff Orpington straight run, EE straight run, Cornish, and mixed bantams. I wanted EEs and BOs so this worked perfectly, AND I was able to get 2 white silkies and a Mille Fluer D'Uccle from the bantam bin!

Well we are new to the world of BYC and I went to TC and looked at there selection of chicks and noticed one thing , How bad all the chick were taken care of. We ended up going to a hatchery and our chics are doing great.

Last edited:
I bout silkies at the Tractor Supply store. I think I may have gotten 2 polish chicks this year. the silkies and polish are in the bin labeled "assorted bantams" if you are looking for silkies make sure they have featherie legs and 5 toes and have slate or blue beak, skin and leggs. the tss by me has silkies now. you can get lucky in the bantam bin sometimes with fancy chicks..

I bout silkies at the Tractor Supply store. I think I may have gotten 2 polish chicks this year. the silkies and polish are in the bin labeled "assorted bantams" if you are looking for silkies make sure they have featherie legs and 5 toes and have slate or blue beak, skin and leggs. the tss by me has silkies now. you can get lucky in the bantam bin sometimes with fancy chicks..

Yep. We came home with 4 silkies and 2 Sultans.
wee.gif
I have to add that our TSC does a good job with taking care of the chicks- everything is always clean and they will separate out a chick if it's excessively picking at the others, too. They just don't know what they are.....
lol.png

I've called our local tractor supply stores since the Chick Days started. We have 5 stores within an hour and a half. The first week one had Jersey Giants but the others didn't have anything interesting. I held off - the next week one had silver laced wyandottes and I picked up some of those. Another store had buff orpingtons but I resisted. The next week, I found one store that had ameracaunas (EE's) and I picked up some of those. Most of the other stores that week had Jersey Giants. Last week, most in the area seemed to have black australorps, so I grabbed a few of those too...
I did find one store an hour and a half away that had bantams, but I held off. If any of the local (less than 30 mins away) stores get silkies I might have to grab a few...but otherwise I'm DONE!
All of the stores I visited were taking good care of the chicks, and other than one minor case of pasty butt mine have been very healthy. I am really enjoying them. All of the chicks were straight run so I know I'll have a lot of boys to cull, but I am okay with that.

I wish mine would get silkies in, i keep checking... :/ Really hoping that they'll get a big shipment in right before easter for all those parets who buy chicks for their kids for easter... maybe they'll get some in then... I'm going tomorrow to get chicken food, so I'll see what they've got...

When I got my chicks they had straight run buff orpingtons, white rocks, some ducks, red pullets and tetra tints pullets. I called last week and they had Plymouth rocks in, they said they were expecting banties rbut my hubby doesn't want more chicks right now so I've held off on calling again, I don't have good self-restraint ;)

Our Tractor Supply folks are super nice and helpful. They are never sure what kinds of chickens they have but we have the nicest, most polite folks working there.

No, no ornamental or rare chicks.
sad.png
If they did, I'd be there in a heartbeat! Still, I wonder what they include in their Bantam special. Bantam varieties of larger chickens? Old English? Wish they had more details!

I'm not sure if anyone else answered after this or not, but I got a Silkie in my Bantum assortment (I knew what I was looking for & picked it out of the "mix" in the tub). Not sure about full-sized birds, but it seems you can end up with almost anything in the Banties. I even have a Silver & 2 Golden Seabrights from TSC.

Back
Top Bottom