Tractor Supply Chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought 9 assorted bantam chicks from tsc for $30. within a few days we only had 4 surviving. we went to tractor supply and they said they couldn't do anything. I was really upset. now today I only have 1 remaining hen. the other 3 past away at a few months. one was a silkie, another was a black Japanese and im not sure about the others. the tractor supply I live close to had bantams, red pullets, broilers, siler lace wyandotts. I didn't go often enough to see all.

When TSC says Red Pullets are they talking about Red Sex Links??

And are the chicks vaccinated against Mareks?

*ANY* red breed- RIR, PR, red sex links, etc. You would have to ask on the vacc. TSC gets chicks from a few different hatcheries (Privett's, Ideal, and I think there was one other I can't remember). I don't think they do (but ask because I am not sure), but if you order through TSC, you can request and pay extra for it.

Last edited:
When TSC says Red Pullets are they talking about Red Sex Links??

And are the chicks vaccinated against Mareks?

Yes ~ they would be a Red Sex Link

Usually they are not vaccinated ~ although it may depend which hatchery they get them from. My TSC gets theirs from Mt. Healthy ~ I think the hatchery varies depending where the TSC is located.

Last edited:
TSS sounds like a nightmare! I don't think they have that where I am, and honestly, I hope not!

Instead the local farm store is very nice, it's Murdochs. They know what they are talking about and were able to give me tons of great pointers and they don't let people touch the chicks, unless they are buying them. You get the right breeds and genders too, and they have a WIDE variety of breeds. I love murdochs <3

Mine only carries RIR, Assorted Sex Links, and Ducks. You can order others through them, though. At least here you have to buy a minimum of 6 and don't get to choose specific chicks, which is not for me..however, my neighbor has a flock from TS that are doing well. Good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom