Tractor Supply Chicks

Tractor Supply in Lampasas got theirs this morning..

they had
Cornish Rocks (1.99 each)
Mixed straight run.. (1,99 each)
"Red pullets"
Mixed straight run bantams
"mixed ducks".. the ducks looked like pekins but they were only labeled as mixed

I don't remember the price on the others but i know they were over 2.00 each

they were selling out of the ducks and the cornish already.. and they had only had them for about an hour

when i called Killeen they still didn't know where theirs were (my guess is that they were at the post office but the girl who answered the phone didn't know)

Apparently no one at my TSC knows when the chicks are coming. I've been calling and get so many answers. Monday they said the end of this week, today they said not for another few weeks.
idunno.gif

i went to my local tsc (central fl) they had Cornish rocks st run,red pullets, pullet mix, duck mix, and bantam mix. she would not let me pick out my own birds...said tsc has stopped that, since the birds dont like being chased by there hands ("it really scares them" is what i was told when i asked) and it takes to long.....
hmm.png
whatever she grabs and puts in the box, is mine. so i didnt like that very much.

cornish rocks ........$1.99 each
bantam mix..............$2.69 each
and if i remember right the other chick had been the same price $2.69 each the Ducks, had been $4 something, Almost 5 bucks!! it said mix but i think it was just pekin ducks

i went to my local tsc (central fl) they had Cornish rocks st run,red pullets, pullet mix, duck mix, and bantam mix. she would not let me pick out my own birds...said tsc has stopped that, since the birds dont like being chased by there hands ("it really scares them" is what i was told when i asked) and it takes to long.....
hmm.png
whatever she grabs and puts in the box, is mine. so i didnt like that very much.

cornish rocks ........$1.99 each
bantam mix..............$2.69 each
and if i remember right the other chick had been the same price $2.69 each the Ducks, had been $4 something, Almost 5 bucks!! it said mix but i think it was just pekin ducks
wow.. the girl here asked me which of the chicks I wanted.. I told her it didn't matter so long as they were big and healthy
she seemed kind of surprised ... so apparently the Lampasas TSC never got that memo

I went to one in my town
they had
Amberlinks pullets - 2.69
Cornish Rocks Straight run - 1.99
Pekin Ducks straight run - 4.49

I got 2 Amberlinks I picked them out myself
3 Cornish Rocks
and a pekin duckling
what was disgusting is under the heatlamp in the amberlink bin was a dead chick :(

I did some calling around this morning before my road trip with my little sister.
thumbsup.gif

Alden: Black giants, Red sex links, a handful of ducks left
Batavia: Cornish rock, ducks
Brockport: Barred rocks, Tetra tints, Cornish rocks, Red sex links, Rouen ducks
Geneseo, Cornish rocks, Red pullets, Assorted pullets, Black giants, Rouen ducks
Honeoye: Red & White tetras, Black giants, Cornish rocks, Pekin ducks
Lockport: Buff brahmas, Cornish rocks, Pekin ducks
Warsaw: Barred rocks, Red pullets, Cornish rocks, Pekin ducks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom