Tractor Supply Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Ilovemyladies!, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Ilovemyladies!

Ilovemyladies! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Hills of Kentucky
    Does anybody know when Tractor Supply will be having "Chick Days"??? Does anybody know what their minimum will be??
    Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Shannon

2. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
  3. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I believe this varies from store to store. I've had TSC tell me it is a company policy that the minimum is 6, but I've also read on here of some stores where this is not their policy. You could try asking your store. I've had them give me a date, but I've also had them tell me they don't know ahead of time when they are coming.

4. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

It varies somewhat from locale to locale. Best to call your local store and nail it down. The different breeds they get in also change from time to time.

5. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    There was an ad on the back page of Mother Earth News most recent magazine that said all stores will have chicks in between March 2-4. I was surprised as I thought it would be more varied than that by region, but that's what it said.

6. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
  7. Queen of the chickens

Queen of the chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    Unionville, MO
    Some farm stores around here are starting in March and already have fliers out. Tractor Supply is usually a little later, so probably mid-March. If I remember right, the minimum has been 3 ducks and 5 chicks in the past. However, we have purchased less than the requirement. We explained that we had other chicks at home and wanted to add a couple and they were fine with it. If you want to order through them, you have to order in multiples of 5 with a minimum of 25 chicks.

8. AprilAWZ

AprilAWZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2007
    northeastern MN
    I saw in an ad of theirs that it starts March 2nd, depending on location, of course.

9. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    I think "minimums" maybe dictated by state laws. To reduce the number of temporary homes based on purchases due to the "cute" factor. We have such a law in Mass. My local feed store lets me buy the number of birds I want because he knows I have way more than 6 at home !![​IMG]

10. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

Our TSC said they'll be starting in a week or two due to the mild weather. They said the sheep have been lambing early so the rush to get those supplies in means the chicks will be coming a little early.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by