Tractor Supply Chicks

I called our local TSC last week asking this very question they told me that their store is suppose to get them the last week of Feburary and start chick days then thru March. Last year the miniumum order for chicks was 6 and 3 for ducks.
Where I live we have another store like TSC but it is called Big R. We have started shopping there more because they have more of a verity of healthy chicken feed ( At way cheaper prices! )I'm saving about $2-$4 a bag of chicken feed and it is also a 50lb bag not a 40lb bag like TSC.
They also have quite a bit of verity of chicks when they have their chick days. You can even get Turkeys there. I think the minimum is 3.
Depending on what breeds each one carries will determine where we get our chicks. Has anyone else been to Big R before?
We ordered for Meyers hactery but we weren't able to get all the broilers we wanted since they weren't in supply till late April.

and it is also a 50lb bag not a 40lb bag like TSC.....

That is so weird - I've never seen a 40lb bag at TSC - maybe it depends on location and which mill is supplying them? Our alternate store here is Atwoods and they sell their feed in a 40lb bag whereas at TSC, whether its the store brand or Purina, its all in 50lb bags. Makes me glad I have a calculator on my phone to figure out the pricing of them all per pound to know what I'm actually paying.

The only 40lb sack of feed I have seen was the Omega3 Purina Layena Plus. It was 40lbs at the "real" feed store also.

TSC here didn't have chicks last I checked and the person I asked didn't know exactly when they would. They said "soon". Another feed store here has been stocked with chicks for at least a couple weeks.

TSC in our area ( we are right on the borders of Mass and VT and NY will have them March 2nd.The minimum for chicks is 6 and ducklings is 3. I have never seen them sell anything else.
The TSC in Mass however has a minimum 25 (yep, t-w-e-n-t-y- f-i-v-e) ducklings until after Easter.(state law I was told)Not sure how they work the chicks, probably the same.

TSC in our area ( we are right on the borders of Mass and VT and NY will have them March 2nd.The minimum for chicks is 6 and ducklings is 3. I have never seen them sell anything else.
The TSC in Mass however has a minimum 25 (yep, t-w-e-n-t-y- f-i-v-e) ducklings until after Easter.(state law I was told)Not sure how they work the chicks, probably the same.

yup, 25, it's insane and they sit there waiting for buyers for a while. Chickens are minimum of 6, and they sell very quickly.

Yeah, that's crazy in a way...why don't they just not order any until after Easter?
As for the chicks, is it 6 minimum from the start?

I'm in Ohio and they said they will get them March 1st, minimum for my store is 4. Unfortunately they said they couldn't give me the chick schedule so I don't know when they'll have certain breeds. they do however have an order form on their website.

So, when the chicks do come in, how old are they(days, weeks)? Will they still be young enough to tame? How much will they cost?

So, when the chicks do come in, how old are they(days, weeks)? Will they still be young enough to tame? How much will they cost?

They usually ship the same day they hatch, so are 1-2 days old by the time the store gets them. Cost varies by state. Around here they are usually $2 for straight run and $3 for sexed pullets.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom