AE7DC455-6062-471A-9BB3-11DFCBB39E32.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 0FB994B0-0E2A-41AA-83BB-F5D0C9D206F4.jpeg
    0FB994B0-0E2A-41AA-83BB-F5D0C9D206F4.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 5
  • C244A97F-0F8B-4159-A5BF-DE8FD48FA29C.png
    C244A97F-0F8B-4159-A5BF-DE8FD48FA29C.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 6
I haven't purchased ducklings from TSC, but I purchased four chicks that are kept in the same area near the ducklings. They seemed to have food and water and didn't look unhealthy at the one we have. I guess it depends on the employees and how much time they have for the chicks/ducklings.

The chicks we had grew up and we have had them for almost 1 year. They are all happy, healthy egg laying hens. We have never had illnesses/health problems with them, either.

I would expect the same for their ducklings.

When I see those chicks and ducks at Tractor Supply I always want to cry. How many times do you think those little things have been handled by curious shoppers?
Not too many, given they are in a full enclosure with four sides and a top, at least at the TSC stores I've gone to. The level of care varies by store however--I've been to a couple during chick days, and if you can smell that the litter needs changed, while you're still in the parking lot, you'll be stressed by going inside. The other store, however, is pretty good with the animals, with clean bedding, even one employee that took the initiative to distance the week old meat birds from their light so they wouldn't overheat. I've bought chicks and ducklings from there, no problems. One advantage of buying from TSC vs the hatchery that they source from, is that you at least know they survived shipping. And if you know when the store is expecting a new shipment, you can give that shipment a couple of days to get their feet under them also.

When I see those chicks and ducks at Tractor Supply I always want to cry. How many times do you think those little things have been handled by curious shoppers?
I can't speak for all TSC stores, but the ones I've been to for the past 3 or 4 years have had the chicks all protected from wayward customer handling. I can't say the same for the the FF store next door. Perhaps that is just my area.

I guess what I'm saying it that if you see a problem then you should mention it to management at that store. If that doesn't work, the go to county or state authorities.

Consumer voices do matter. Speak up if you see problems.

I can't speak for all TSC stores, but the ones I've been to for the past 3 or 4 years have had the chicks all protected from wayward customer handling. I can't say the same for the the FF store next door. Perhaps that is just my area.

I guess what I'm saying it that if you see a problem then you should mention it to management at that store. If that doesn't work, the go to county or state authorities.

Consumer voices do matter. Speak up if you see problems.
I did before and the workers did nothing

Back
Top Bottom